China Airlines (What is the service Like)???

Hi All,

Just managed to confirm my flight to LOS from the UK with China Airlines! what are they like as airlines go! how do they compare with others etc etc, also whats the in flight bar service/movies like with them!

Any feedback good or bad would be gratefully accepted!!

Many thanks

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All--

I've flown CI numerous times both intra-asia and trans-pacific. IMHO, CI has good service when you consider the price paid. On board ammenities are basic (nothing cutting edge) but comfortable. The cabin staff is generally attentive and hospitable. (their uniforms are what I give high marks to).

The drink and meal service is standard service. Special meals can be ordered for all services and drinks are complementary onboard.

The only downsides are that their mileage program has only a few tie-ins and IF you have a long layover in TPE the transit area is VERY boring.

Overall, me personally, I give them a 7 (1 to 10) and maybe an 8 (if you consider the price paid).

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

All-

I'm a little "easier" on CI than Raven, but he and I both agree that CI is a good carrier WHEN YOU FACTOR PRICE IN..

Safety (IMHO) has improved dramatically as of late. I would not feel unsafe flying CI.

CI's business class (on their airbus) is very good, but for the price not a good buy. I'd stick with CI's economy class product..

Again, nothing special or extra-ordinary about their service, basic but comfortable.

Also, FYI, if any one is interested I have a one-class, one-sector upgrade that will be expiring soon, it must be used with a North American origin ticket, let me know and I'll be happy to donate it to a fellow nanaplaza.com member.

--UPSer

quote:

Originally posted by UPSer:

All-

I'm a little "easier" on CI than Raven, but he and I both agree that CI is a good carrier WHEN YOU FACTOR PRICE IN..

Safety (IMHO) has improved dramatically as of late. I would not feel unsafe flying CI.

CI's business class (on their airbus) is very good, but for the price not a good buy. I'd stick with CI's economy class product..

Again, nothing special or extra-ordinary about their service, basic but comfortable.

Also, FYI, if any one is interested I have a one-class, one-sector upgrade that will be expiring soon, it must be used with a North American origin ticket, let me know and I'll be happy to donate it to a fellow nanaplaza.com member.

--UPSer

You wouldn't happen to have an expiring UA SWU for Feb or Mar would ya? Flying to GIG on a W class and BKK on a V class. The best I can do is Economy+ seats, UAL won't let me use miles

laugh.gif" border="0

I will echo what UPSer said, although I would not be quite as generous.

If you get one of the new airbuses, the planes are nearly new and are very nice. Individual screen for everyone, including economy passengers. Choice of movies, some still in the movie houses. And a choice of video games. Cabin is laid out so 85% of the seats are either window or aile. Seats are small, but good back suipport, particularly if you are smaller.

747s have more seat room but not the amenities of the airbusses.

Food Ok. Plenty of meal service. You will not go hungry. But, like all long haul flights, bring your own water. Service is good, not great. Flight attendants are nice girls, but not models or beauty queens. All are young, unlike the western carriers where age is protected by law. Good selection of newspapers.

I give it a 5 out of 10, but when factoring in price, I will also give it an 8.

The Taipei transit lounge is boring, but the airport is upgrading. And, if you have a longer lay over - 3 hours or so, just walk over to the newer concourse. Good restaurant, museum store for the National Palace Museusm, etc. I did not discover this until one trip I got bumped and flew one leg on EVA.

But, here's the downside. They are not a safe airline. Most internet sites will give CI an F on safey. I think a lot of this was due to old equipment, which it is now upgrading. Part of it is that old asian problem of not losing face and continuing on even if there is a safety concern. I have seen it a lot.

But, I still fly China Airlines a lot because the price and schedule are great for me. If I had better choices, I would consider other asian carriers even if they cost a little more.

Raven

Hi Dave ,

I presume your flying to Amsterdam from Manchester and taking the 14:25 to Bkk arriving at 06:30 Bkk.

I have flown the airline many times and have always found them good, ie leave on time, service never a problem unlike western Airlines when they shut up shop at night time.

You can buzz for beer all flight long and the girls will keep smiling, try that on KLM or British Airways.

For price they are the best in my opinion.

0630 is a good time to get in, you can get to your hotel, have a shower a few beers and a blow job and then take a nap ready for the nights fun laugh.gif" border="0

Hi Spirit,

Unfortunately there has been a change of plan due to a cock up with the flight booking agent! I am now flying with Emirate airlines! Manchester-Dubai- Bangkok arriving Bangkok at 12.00 midday! do you have any feedback on Emirate at all?

Thanks again mate

Dave,

I flew Emirates last year. They were okay. I prefer China but basically ok. I got delayed for 4 hours at Dubai coming home though which was a bind.

Emirates was a smoking airline when I flew it and you could smell it in some parts of the aircraft but I believe it is now non-smoking.

In the international opinion stakes Emirates is regarded as a good airline to fly with.

Archived