Jellyfish

I'm not really one for the sea but GF keeps asking to go in the sea at Jomtien, anyone know about jellyfish. I have heard that there are some bad stingers. Anyone know?

quote:

Originally posted by simon:

I'm not really one for the sea but GF keeps asking to go in the sea at Jomtien, anyone know about jellyfish. I have heard that there are some bad stingers. Anyone know?

A few weeks ago there were many many dead jellyfish washed up on shore around jomtien. Big 30cm diameter ones every 2 or 3 meters. I guess that means there are a lot in the water too. Must be the 'season' or something? Dunno. I don't know if they sting, but I can only imagine they do. I've been stung by small jellyfish and stinging plankton while scuba diving, and it's not pleasant. Some thais were collecting buckets of washed up jellyfish to bring home to eat.

during rainy season, there are many jellyfish close to the beach. touching one really hurts; so you should rather snorkel than just swim, as you can recognize them very well. they are about 3-5 feets below surface.

jelly fish in thai is maeng kaproon; the thais eat them as well....

samak

Regular

Member # 736

Rate Member

posted July 23, 2001 01:01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

during rainy season, there are many jellyfish close to the beach. touching one really hurts; so you should rather snorkel than just swim, as you can recognize them very well. they are about 3-5 feets below surface.

jelly fish in thai is maeng kaproon; the thais eat them as well....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I always say, if it is walking flying or swiming, Thai will eat it.

LOL

laugh.gif" border="0

Archived