Siams' CM@ nightclub raided and busted

SUZIBANDIT said:

What if they invite you over for dinner, wash the dishes all wrong and then rape you in the ass, then can you complain?

Oh that's right, their house their rules. Guess you'll be eating take out from now on.

Not meant to flame, but you gotta draw the line somehwere.

Well if they rape my as then I was a poor judge of character to begin with and I should not have been in that situation, where I could not protect myself. After my ass was raped I most assuredly would not go back to that house unless the food was really good or I enjoyed my ass getting raped. Complaining still does me no good. My ass was raped if I go back it may be raped again. Why complain? Simply don't go to the house or return and beat the crap out of the host.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>I can't protest without fear of retribution. <<<

nobody in this country can protest without fear of retribution. and as a farang, generally speaking, the retributions are a lot less bad than for most thais in case of protesting against something.

at least i am protesting at times.

>>>So basically you did nothing. You did absolutely nothing to uphold those constitutional and individual rights that you speak so highly of.<<<

i am not a very anal person, so excuse me if i let the matter drop when i have reached my aim - successfully defending myself against injustice, making the perpetrators loosing serious face (landlady plus coppers). that is already more than most people can say.

and as i said, there are times and ways to protest against certain things the right way here. anally going after some little coppers is IMHO not the right way. but that's just me.

>>>you simply protect yourself and your interests. So in effect you do play by the house rules. <<<

what's wrong with that?

it seems that by your argumentation you are not even willing to do that. your argumentation seems to be that you are gonna submit to everything 'coz "that's their houserules, and if one can't take it one should disappear".

Fly - I think jjsushi is making a sound point about doing more than playing a 'losing face' game. :dunno: I don't understand your 'house rules' analogy either.

Reporting infractions and taking on the worst of the boys in brown is worth doing for everyone because given proper paperwork and complaints cops get sacked in Bangkok.

:shhh: It's not a secret.

Makkasan and Huay Khwang police officers were recently fired for taking bribes from illegal street racers. Thai people reported this to the authorities in the neighborhoods, and I'm sure feared retribution. However, these Thais did it because the noise was a nuisance and the police were not completing their duties just taking bribes... as daily practice. :onfire:

I'm just singing the praises of not just covering your own ass as a way of life... and being happy with that :cover: rights are important and worth protecting.

Cheers,

the_numbers

see it like this: You are invited to a neighbor's house for dinner. After a fine dinner, you make a comment that the way they wash the dishes is all wrong and only you know the right way. How would that be received? Prolly would get you thrown out and you'd never get another invite. Or you can just say, mai pen rai, not my house, so I do not care how they wash the dishes.

What if they invite you over for dinner, wash the dishes all wrong and then rape you in the ass, then can you complain?

Oh that's right, their house their rules. Guess you'll be eating take out from now on.

I am going to save this for the next time someone makes a "their house/their rules" type argument (cultural relativism). This is the shortest, most effective and certainly funniest rebuttal I have seen yet. :beer:

As a farang in Thailand I don't have any power. I am not a citizen. I can't vote. I can't protest without fear of retribution. I can't even own a freaking rai of land without circumventing the legal system.
I agree with the sentiment, but not entirely with the conclusion (no power). It can be demoralizing, but there is law here (thin as it is) and there are remedies, although they are pretty meagre compared to what is available in the U.S. If nothing else, it has made me appreciate the value of the intangible freedoms available in western democracies much more than I did before I came here.

Thailand's march forward has been two steps forward and then one step back. Overall in the medium term it is forward, but unfortunately we are in a one step back phase now. You asked:

Please explain how is it not. I pretty much see the Thai government and the powerbrokers doing as they please...
You are asking me to go political and, as we all know, there are limits on far we can go in that direction. There are clear signs now of discontent with the current...uh...situation. A scant four months ago those signs were not so clear. I can't predict what will happen, but we are starting to see cracks in the edifice.

>>>Reporting infractions and taking on the worst of the boys in brown is worth doing for everyone because given proper paperwork and complaints cops get sacked in Bangkok. <<<

sorry, but some small coppers taking bribes are hardly the "worst of the boys in brown". they are just the ones you see. mostly they act on orders (such as the ones trying to arrest me did, and most of the ones who did the actual killings during the drugwar), and they are so unbelievably underpaid that they have to be corrupt.

5000 baht for a beginning copper, and he has to pay gun, uniforms, radio etc. from that. HOW?

any sort of meaningful advancement in rank has to be accompanied by money to their superior officers (considerable sums), and even that is after a certain rank not enough as familyties become than more important (just look at the recent advancement of thaksin's brother in law over the heads of far more senior and far more qualified officers).

nops, some little coppers you see on the road are not the worst - the worst is the whole systhem, and that can only be changed from top down. now - explain me please why that is not changed?

Quore:

"nobody in this country can protest without fear of retribution. and as a farang, generally speaking, the retributions are a lot less bad than for most thais in case of protesting against something."

Same happens in falang land - protest expect retribution. I can not tell you how many times I have gotten in trouble because of protesting in falangland!

For me, I went big time with my 'protesting' when I went to college. Instead of doing term papers, I would con the professors to allow me to research a project and then present the report, not in writing, but orally. Some of my presentations were so good, they wanted me to print some of the crap in some of the major papers. I decided to walk on that one. Probably what changed my mind was some of the retributions - and retributions can be nasty even in falang land. Remember, retributions include civil rights violations, human right violations, etc. What I found was the nastiest - was the torture - not nice. Life is just too short to get involved with too much stuff, but then, it does spice life up a bit.

Only going from what a little i know about here in OZ.

The bouncers or doormen know exactly what goes on in

their club.

Here (OZ) most let in certain drug dealers who are

either friends of management or have carte blanche to

trade on the premises.Others are refused or kicked out.

These are facts from what I'm told by those in the

know.Any or most "I didnt know this was going

on here" is bullshit! All IMHO of course.

Most people would not go to a place, where a person

could not reasonably expect, to consume a party drug,

for the purposes of having a good time.

Archived