Siams' CM@ nightclub raided and busted

Was recently in the CM2 nightclub when they got busted. The newspaper claims 300 foreigners were inside, many without passports. Some tested positive for drugs.

The club is now close for 30 days because they found an underage customer. I wonder why she did not have fake ID, everybody uses it?

Paper claims the tip came from a citizen regarding Russian prostitiutes working inside the club. I wonder who told them that?

The raid was also part of the social order crusade.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Russian prostitiutes working inside the club. I wonder who told them that?"

Common knowledge, dude. Always a whole table full near the restrooms. B5000 ST was the asking price.

If I know about it the MiB do too! They are not Keystone Kops like some folks believe!

Cheers,

SD

Was recently in the CM2 nightclub when they got busted. The newspaper claims 300 foreigners were inside, many without passports.
Imagine that - Foreignors in CM2 without their passports. Sounds like a pretty dangerous crowd to me. How many of us carry our passports when we are out at night in Bangkok?

A close friend was at CM2 when the raid happened. He says some of the senior police officers were visibly annoyed when only a few farangs tested positive. I wonder why...$$$.

This does not look good for Thailand. I wonder what nonsense is next.

Gadfly1 said:

Was recently in the CM2 nightclub when they got busted. The newspaper claims 300 foreigners were inside, many without passports.
Imagine that - Foreignors in CM2 without their passports. Sounds like a pretty dangerous crowd to me. How many of us carry our passports when we are out at night in Bangkok?

A close friend was at CM2 when the raid happened. He says some of the senior police officers were visibly annoyed when only a few farangs tested positive. I wonder why...$$$.

This does not look good for Thailand. I wonder what nonsense is next.

i do not carry my passport around, but wherever i go i do carry an official ID issued by the authorities around. that has saved me more than a few times from potential trouble.

thais also have to carry their ID's around, strictly speaking.

and, coppers being annoyed that only few foreigners were tested positive might not have anything to do with $$$. it can be a lot worse if that are actually coppers who are out for promotions and such, and are into using the law to the extreme. than the ones who tested positive might actually be put on the blacklist. there is such a directive (not law!) that westerners caught in narcotics violations of any sort can be blacklisted. and getting off such a problem one needs excellent contacts, and lots of cash.

and thinking about it - there are besides the law a few very good reasons why someone should always carry an ID around:

imagine you get hit in a traffic accident and are in a coma, and there is now way to find out who and where from you are. imagine the nightmare to find that out. i would say almost impossible. so, you might not get the treatment you otherwise might be able to afford.

also, if you die, you will only stay for one week in the morgue. that simply is not enough time to find out who that farang might be. your relatives will not know anything, and your corpse will be brought into the graveyards for the unclaimed dead (i have seen several farang corpses brought there).

it might take years for your relatives to find out if you are dead, maybe never if you died with facial injuries which make identification impossible.

Archived