wHEN EATING BUGS, WHAT PART DO YOU EAT FIRST?

lazyphil said:

I dont do bugs.

Hi phil,

Same.

A couple of weeks ago, for the first time in the three plus years I have known her, we were out and about and my GF bought a couple of bags of bugs and proceeded to munch away. I was amazed as I had never seen her do this before. She offered me one, and then tried to encourage/force me to try one.

I guess it is just prejudice, but unless I was on the point of starvation there is no way I would ever do this.

Khwai

Saw "fear factor" last night.

Wuith bugs you don't start anywhere. Just put them in you mouth as a whole and start chewing. The life ones are better.

I finally ate my first cockroach(waterbug?) last year, with this Mandarian go-go girl. She was very fun and exciting, on our way to my hotel we stopped by Soi Cowboy, partied at Sheba's and Suzy Wong's, at the end of the Soi, there are a bunch of street vendors, we ate satay, and after she ate some bugs, she offered me one, so I picked the biggest roach, she picked off the wings and legs, held it by the head, I bit the body, chewed and swallowed. The next day I was sick as a 'dog', had the runs, slight fever and couldn't eat a thing for a whole day and night, I missed the days scheduled business meetings. Won't do them again, don't have the stomach for them.

Chok dee,

HOKS

cockroaches are not eaten. Definitely the giant waterbug, Maeng Dtaa. Don`t really like that myself either.

They are also exported - in small numbers I would expect - pickled in a glass jar.

Won`t ever forget what the smell was like when we broke the lid. Smelled exactly like kerosene. Be my guest :(

Cheers

Hua Nguu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived