wHEN EATING BUGS, WHAT PART DO YOU EAT FIRST?

When it comes to bugs, it is hard to tell which ones I like the best. The grasshopers, I always bite off the upper part (includes the head) first. With grubs, I just eat the whole thing. Water bugs, which some take as cockroaches, I always nibble on the meat from the legs after being pulled from the body. The bug's main cavity always gets sucked out last. Nice to hear how others eat these critters and which are your favorites?

I'm interested in this - I plan on giving it a try next time.

I reckon I could just about handle the grasshoppers, if I get beered up enough first.

Someone said that the fried ones taste a bit like french fries?

Gotta be worth a try - if only so that the next BG that waves one in my face gets a surprise when I grab it and scoff it.

:devil::beer::devil:

Honestly I never did the water bugs as I've been told they're low on nutritional value, but the others in the smaller ye better I mostly down not dissimilar to when doing vitamins as a junior ;)

The grasshoppers can be a real treat though if spiced up properly with just the right amount of DDT. Yummi :)

Too bad the local homesales guys don't do them anymore - he switched to ice cream - doh!

Zaad said:

We all eat bugs whether we like it or not. According to some crappy research which I don't have at hand right now we eat spiders, flies, ants, and even bigger bugs unknowingly, be it in food or during our sleep. :)

Hi

I hate spiders don''t do that to me ::

Brilliant post.. Mind if I lift it and drop this lovely little bomb-shell elsewhere? :)

As for some bugs, are there parts that aren't edible? Like with scorpions and such?

I distinctly remember being hammered in Buri Ram and about to chuck something in my mouth whole, when people went wide-eyed and stopped me and explained to take off some bits first.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Archived