Availability of IWC watches

Pharcyde

Most internet discounters are unable to provide the manufacturers warranty on high end watches due to the fact they are not official distributors, although they frequently are (under a different trading name). In these circumstances, they usually provide their own warranties, which are usually fine, but there could be a problem returning your watch to foreign country, not to mention the customs implications. You need to establish their status before you buy. It would be wise to only buy from an internet merchant in your own country to minimise the possible warranty problems. For a 50% saving it can be worthwhile to shop this way and sacrifice the international warranty. more info HERE read the small print!

Your correct pe7e. I think the term is "gray market". I wasn't suggesting that Pharcyde shop at an internet discounters due to the problems that you cite. I just wanted him to be armed with cost figures before going the duty free airport route. It has been my experience that any savings due to "duty free" status is eaten up by the high rents the "duty free " shops have to pay the airport authorities to do business there.

Archived