Availability of IWC watches

Pharcyde

Hi guys,

coming to bkk again soon, this time unfortunately just for a short stint, but hopefully i will have time enough to do some relaxing on them beaches.

My auntie has asked me if I can buy a real IWC watch for her. The problem is that know plenty of places that sell the fake brand names, but nowhere do I know of real watches being sold. ::

Do you know any place??? I imagine that they might have a shop selling such watches in Don Muang airport, but is it not too expensive to buy stuff there anyway?

Has anyone bought real watches around here, and can you tell me where to go and if it indeed is cheaper than in Europe at all???

Thanks to those in the know.

Pharcyde

Hi Pharcyde,

if you want to buy a new one IMO a watch will be more expensive in LOS than Europe beacause of import taxes and customs fees. Normally the place where europeans buy expensive watches cheapest is Dubai.

However if you can find a second hand watch sold by a sanuker or other tourist in need of cash you can probably get a good price, the question of course is where to find!

:beer:

elef

Hi elef and WYD,

Seems like its not the deal at all to get original wares in bkk.

The watch has to be new, as it s for my uncles 50th b-day. I cant get him a copy, even though i like your suggestion whosyourdaddy. I am afraid my auntie would disinhereit me if she d find out.

I will check and compare the prices from emporium, and maybe siam centre. I am pretty sure that theyll be cheaper than denmark i any case.

Thank you

Pharcyde.

"...she keeps passin me by..."

The best place to buy a good watch in Asia is Singapore. The selection is HUGE and there are a lot of reputable dealers. You may want to think about transiting through Singapore, Hong Kong or Dubai on your way and buyng the watch in the airport. Or, just take a short trip to Singapore as part of your holiday.

I'm afraid you wont find many watch shops in Thailand that have any kind of decent selection. This is simply because people don't buy watches in Thailand because of the import duty.

Hi,

I dont know of any agents for IWC watches in LOS but I would certainly try the Kings duty free at the WTC, you can buy without the tax, but you have to pick your goods up at the airport before departure. Bear in mind there is a very substantial mark up on top end watches, (agents buy at aprox 50% of the RRP) and you should be able to negotiate at least a 25% discount to the RRP if you can get to speak to the owner/manager direct. Good Luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

here are sales outlets with IWC watches from their web page:

King Power Duty Free

Bangkok International Airport

Terminal 1

Bangkok

Thailand

Phone: (662) 595 5950

Pendulum Ltd.

Gaysorn Plaza 999 Unit 1F-12 1st Floor Ploenchit Road

Patumwan

Bangkok