Royal Pres and Presidents Solitaire

stumpy

I just booked at the Solitaire for a 2 week stay in May, my first time trying the place.

Comparing Asia Travel's web site against the Solitaire's own web site I found could get a better rate, and I did. I got a Platinum Suite (1 bdrm) at a weekly rate that is less than 3000 per day - during this time of year anyway.

Why did I wait until the hottest time of the year to try out Solitaire - I figure its so hot I'll be taking taxi's everywhere anyway so the longer distance form everything shouldn't bother me. Ironically it seemed to be the best time to try em out.

Here's the Aisa Travel website for President Solitaire, I just booked via their web form and they got back to me within the day: President Solitaire

I stayed in a Sapphire Suite in the Garden Wing of the Royal President last year.

My overall impression was an overpriced neglected hotel and too far from the action.

The room almost felt like a suite with a seperate bedroom but the shower was a dirty trickle, blinds had a mood of their own, location was distant. Not a room I could really relax in.

For the same money, the JW Marriott wins hands down, IMHO. Smaller rooms but greater attention to detail and location, location, location.

The RP homepage is VERY misleading.

I recommend booking one night and taking it from there.

BrownFox77 said:

I just booked at the Solitaire for a 2 week stay in May, my first time trying the place.

Comparing Asia Travel's web site against the Solitaire's own web site I found could get a better rate, and I did. I got a Platinum Suite (1 bdrm) at a weekly rate that is less than 3000 per day - during this time of year anyway.

Why did I wait until the hottest time of the year to try out Solitaire - I figure its so hot I'll be taking taxi's everywhere anyway so the longer distance form everything shouldn't bother me. Ironically it seemed to be the best time to try em out.

Here's the Aisa Travel website for President Solitaire, I just booked via their web form and they got back to me within the day: President Solitaire

As much as I perused the sites, I could not find the Platinum Suite for under 3000 baht. Can you direct me towards the link?

stumpdog said:

Hi, anyone know what a walk in rate would be for the Royal President and President's Solitaire? Looking at studio rooms.

Thanks.

From memory, the Solitaire have a Nanapong rate of between 15,000 and 17,000 baht per week inc for the Exec Studio. If ur interested, I'll try to find the email addy you'll need to use to book.

valentinoxxx said:

As much as I perused the sites, I could not find the Platinum Suite for under 3000 baht. Can you direct me towards the link?

Amazingly, right after I made my post they changed their web site - at least the part of their site where they showed the rates. The link was the same that I posted, at the "home" section, they broke their rates down into to 3 time periods within the year with APR to JUN being the cheapest. They didn't show a Platinum suite daily rate for less than 3000/day but rather they USED to have weekly rates shown - 18,900 for a Platinum suite (which is less than 3000/day).

They also previously showed the cheapest daily rate for a Platinum suite for 3000/day however now it shows 3200 day as the cheapest. However, Solitaires own web site shows 3400 per day as their cheapest rate for a Platinum suite.

Looks like they just up'd their rates - however, it appears going thru Asia Travel is still cheaper than going thru the hotel directly.

Howdy,

I stayed at Solitaire in an executive suite for January and for for more than a month, about a 5 week stay, in total. I negotiated a monthly rate, in person, as at that time the Grand President was full. I got a monthly rate ALL IN, of 48,000 per month. Was prorated for additional days.

Of course I was first looking to stay at the GP, but it was full and I had that rate as a negotiation starting point. I negotiated in the sales office, of the Grand President, the stay at Solitaire.

sporty

>My overall impression was an overpriced neglected hotel and too far from the action.

Could be - after demise of Clinton Plaza. Thermae lovers would still find it handy.

What 3K per night? I was in an 1 bedroom and it was 2 or 2.2 KB (in the outer wing), can't recall.

Definitelly, if it is now 3K, other places are better value.

RP was within 1800-2200B range, I would not pay more for it.

If they haven't maintained it properly (or at all) over the last 2.5 years than it could be closer to 1200-1500B range.

Archived