Royal Pres and Presidents Solitaire

stumpy

valentinoxxx said:

Asia Travel shows the same price as the President Solitaire website; 3,200 baht ++(service charge & vat).

If you look at the President Solitaire web site the lowest daily rate shown for a Platinum suite is listed as 3,400 baht per day as opposed to Asia Travel's 3,200 per day.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm going to try for a good walk in, I don't want to book as the checkin time for a booking is 2pm and I arrive BKK around 7am and don't want to wait that long for the room.

I'll try for a walkin and if the room is available take it, if not try elsewhere.

Do you think there is much scope for negotiating on the walkin rate?

You could try asking about the Nanapong rate. Ask for Khun Kwan.

An alternative at this price point(3200 baht inclusive) is the 73 sq. m. apartment at Centrepoint Sukhumvit

Late check out and probably flexible on check in times, depending on availability.

For just 240 baht(3440 baht inc) more, you can gain another 16 sq. m. and an extra bathroom. 89 sq. m. 2 bathrooms

valentinoxxx said:

Have seen platinum Suite advertised for 3,000 baht++, though not 3,000 baht inc

Haven't seen any "inclusive" rates at that level either nor did I get "inclusive" rates thru Asia Travel. Sadly it seems quite a few of the better hotels are now adding a "service charge"...

I, for one, like the RP. The 1 bedroom (Dynasty Suites) are quite nice ... the studios are a bit run down. The hotel staff is freindly (never a problem for GF) and there is a restaurant / mini-mart attached. Only 5min walk to Suk and the skytrain. Comparativley, I like the Pres Park better. Never been to the GP or Pres Sol.

What I especially like in the Solitaire was their fast internet connection in the room, included in the price, unlimited use.

I stayed at a room there just after they opened, for 2300.

Later, when RP had double booked the room we booked over the net, they gave us a Big suite for 2800, huge place.

Archived