premier inn is faulty towers

thai3

Don't recommend this premier inn madhouse on soi 20 to anyone. First three days had room with no window and was quite impressed for 800 baht but then moved across to 402 at the front for the last three nights. This was the dampest mouldiest room I have ever seen, even the bed was damp. Should have asked to be another but just dumped bags and went staight out so did not get the full look until the next day. However that was to be the least of the problems.

Next door in room 401 (should be 101) was some nutcase who complained about the slightest noise but then stayed up half the night with his TV on loud. Had the guy from reception visit me three times in the afternnons to tell me my TV was too loud-er what about all the bedlam from the soi then? answer was the guy had a right to complin as he had been staying there for three years, not sure if he is a permanent fixture or not. He even complained when I closed the door 'too loud' Anyway on the last night some other guests walk down the corridoor making a bit of a racket but nothing to moan about, 401 must have phoned reception who then wake us up at 1.30 asking if it was us. At 2 am two guys from reception come up and start to hammer on our door threatening to call the police and insist I go downstairs to sort 'it out'The racket must have woken half the hotel up as we ignored it at first but they did not give up, in the end it sounded like they were kicking the door in. I have no idea what they are on about but it seems someone had stuck a note on the crazy guy in room 401 door calling him a wanker and he thinks it's me and wants the police called.Funny thing is I never once saw this guy as he never had the balls to complain direct. I am more pissed off with the stupidity of the male reception staff who made my stay a misery phoning up and knocking the door with unreasonable compliant messages.

They told me guests have a right to complain so I consider giving them a list of mine- TV not working properly, remote no chance, lights out, black mould everywhere, wall coverings coming away all over, no hot water etc and being woken up twice by hotel staff who are really quite nasty.

Give this dump a wide berth! Unless perhaps you are on a diet-the breakfast consists of 2 fried eggs, go down with a girl and they give you just one each, just don't eat it too loud or they might call the police.-peter

you really stayed there?

from my observations, this hotel is mostly frequented by tourists on cheap group tour packages, who stay one time in their life for 2-3 days in Bangkok and never return; so the quality of the "hotel" does not matter at all.

nice location though, except the taxi gang waiting in front of the hotels in this soi; they do not accept to turn on taxi meters and you have to walk to sukhumvit to take a regular one

Samak I would say your description is more like the royal parkview on the same soi they do not care if they never see you again as there will be another tour bus along the next day. I am not too keen on this soi at all, although the new 'drop inn' off the top of the soi is quite a nice place. The taxi mafi always get ignored by me, this resulted in one of them following me up the soi screaming to everyone that I would not talk to him when he kept on with 'where you go'. One or two long time visitors who post here stay at the premier so I wanted to see what it was like, even the miami is better.-peter

Hi Samak,

Well, there are plenty of regulars staying at the Premier and it is my impression that most are independent travellers. I always bump into a couple I know from previous stays. Quite a few stay here for months.

In fact I talked to a danish tour guys just outside of the hotel and they never brought any package tourists to stay here, but instead at Windsor, Rembrandt etc.

Cannot really recall seing anyone on a package tour at the Premier and they should be easy enough to pick out of a crowd.

I have been staying here like 7-8 times and like it all right.

The main complaint thai3 had, seemed to me to be caused by hotel guests and if you are out of luck you can run into that on any hotel.

Did seem though like the staff didn´t handle the situation very well to say the least.

I once got a room with defect A/C just asked for another one and got it right away.

Thai 3

Taxi mafia? I know most of those guys and they know me and they are always in for a chitchat. I was never harassed although they initially did ask me a couple of times if I wanted a taxi. Well, it is their job. :dunno:

Having said that I would never use their services. Taxi drivers who can afford to hang around all day in front of a major hotel instead of actually do some driving, have to compensate in some other way.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived