Headers: Adu scores, Cameron penalized

sfinkz

14-year old wunderkind Freddy Adu, the highest paid MLS player, scored his first professional goal today in his third game for D.C. United, a 3-2 loss on the road to the Jersey Metrostars. Think of Pele at the same age before signing on with Santos exactly half-a-century ago--as infrequently as these talents emerge--an awesome comparison but this youngster, a recently naturalized U.S. citizen, has all the right stuff to begin the task of measuring up.

Also, FIFA President Strep Blather or Sump Bladder, what's his name? has penalized Cameron six points in World Cup qualifying for wearing one-piece uni's (but not skin-tight or a radical aerodynamic fashion statement) in an African Cup quarterfinal loss after promising not to do so. The decision seriously jeopardizes the Indomitable Lions, the only African side to qualify for five World Cups, of making it to The Big Stage in '06 and propagates shirt-tugging. I suppose the rationale being that it would be a bit awkward during the post match jersey exchange? (The President has gone on record as saying women should wear more revealing uniforms of tighter tops and shorter shorts).

hahaha...not wishful thinking, more like 'hope not' by the footballing world methinks...lol...I think the world loves the fact that we don't embrace football because its the one thing we won't try to take over. can't say I blame the thinking to a certain extent.

playing the what if game, we should have beaten Germany and were unlucky. Just think about that?!!

I would love for us to remove our manager, Bruce Arena. He's not only dictatorial, he is more defensive than George Graham if he had a bout of paranoia. If we got a more attack minded manager I think we'd do better.

possible headlines after world cup 2006: "America Gets 2-1 Shocker World Cup Final Win Over Brazil' (sub head: Pele hails Adu as heir apparant) ::

Archived