Pickpocketed in Pattaya

chelseafan

Walking home the other night from Soi 8 toward the Apex (along beach road), totally pissed as a fart, got stopped by a "girl", now I use this term loosely.

She did the usual "come with me" etc etc, but I felt her hand on my back pocket.

Now the bad news is that she managed to get my cash, the good(ish) news is that she managed get the princely sum of 60 baht.

I realised at once that she had the money, but due to what I can only describe as a "deep gravelly voice that would put Barry White to shame", I thought better of challening her/him

(knives came to mind)

I've chalked this off to experience, the reason for writing this are threefold.

Firstly, the obvious, be careful in Pattaya (or anywhere for that matter), just because everyone smiles and is freiendly, doesn't mean there is any less chance of you getting stung than on your own doorstep

Secondly, I would like to express my sincere thanks for whoever mentioned about keeping small money and larger money in different pockets - On this occassion, it worked - the other 3000 baht was kept in my front jeans pocket.

Thirdly to the Katoey - Drop Dead you bitch!!

Be careful out there guys

think_too_mut said:

>She did the usual "come with me" etc etc, but I felt her hand on my back pocket.

Jomtien Grand Palace Hotel, Pattaya, the billboard reads:

"Because of bag-snatch situation guests advised not to walk".

Bad English but there must be something.

Oh, I thought the sign said "Because of bad snatch situation, guests advised not to eat" :o

I often walk along the same stretches. When a katoey comes towards me, usually 2 or 3 at once, a simple wave of the hand and a sanook-less stare keeps the proverbial 10 ft pole between me and them.

there is enough "friendliness" in Pattaya that there is no need to have every thai come that close to marvel at your "beautiful white skin" ::.

Archived