brunei airline

has anyone had experience staying o'nite in brunei(i've never been there). brisbane return to b'kok is A$870, but you must stay o'nite. any reasonable budget accomodation?

what is there to visit for a few hours?

quote:

Originally posted by Sukhumvit:

billy

who're you flying to Brunei with?

I've heard that Royal Brunei don't serve booze. Not that that would bother an Aussie.

tongue.gif" border="0

sorry sukhumvit, forgot to mention that it is royal brunei airlines. maybe its cheap 'cos you land to late to fly on to BKok the same day. its the same on the way back to brisbane.

i've been known to go without a drink for 24 hrs believe it or not. the health of the "landing gear" comes before anything else.

wink.gif" border="0

Billy, you need to look at their timetable again, I lhave flown RB to Bris (there now) and they Don't make me stay overnite, going back to BKK Sat, leaving Bris at 10 Am and arriving BKK 1750 The same day, not a bad airline at all , just take yr own booze.

Just to really piss you off , I brought the same Ticket in BKK but the other direction for about 600 Aust dollars.

[ June 13, 2001: Message edited by: Fatbastard ]

Bill,

I have several friends who have flown RB to Europe and commented on the good service. As for the overnighter in BSB, I have it on good authority that it is the dullest city in all of Asia. A few villages over the border in Malaysia cater for alcohol deprived and sex starved citizens of the Kingdom, but if you don't make it back over the border by 6pm, they lock you out and you have to sleep in Malaysia the night. PS, bi-annual travel show at the Brisbane convention centre has the cheapest tix. Just make sure you get in early as they go fast. Contact student flights (subsiduary of flight centres) for info re the show.

Cheers

Jaga

quote:

Originally posted by Fatbastard:

Billy, you need to look at their timetable again, I lhave flown RB to Bris (there now) and they Don't make me stay overnite, going back to BKK Sat, leaving Bris at 10 Am and arriving BKK 1750 The same day, not a bad airline at all , just take yr own booze.

Just to really piss you off , I brought the same Ticket in BKK but the other direction for about 600 Aust dollars.

thanks FB, i'm only going on what the agent at flight centre told me, maybe his hand was'nt on the computer. i would imagine feb.02 would be the same. also jaganath, when is the next travel convention?---br

I stayed a few nights in BSB some years ago. I don't remember the hotel prices but remember it as a very...VERY expensive city. I stayed at a chinese horehouse...for about 20 US.

If you need beer go to the chinese karaokee joints. BSB was a very interesting place to visit and there are several things to see fore instance Kampong Ayer..a Malaysian city on stilts.

If you have the time you can go to Labuan Island by speed boat...there you will find all the booze and sanuk you can dream of. Had my 20th birthday there..hehehehehehehehe

I have used Royal Brunei from Bali to BSB and BSB to HK. Very good service...but as others have mentioned, No booze.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Fatbastard:

hi FB, finally went back to flight place and challenged them with my new info and said that fatbastard 33 flys direct on royal brunei, why cant i?

it turns out that some week days they stop at darwin and arrive at brunei with only 15 minutes before bangkok flight departs, which she thinks they wouldn't allow me to board. BUT! saturday they, (like all good christians), give darwin a miss and you have plenty of time to walk over and it takes off at 5-15pm.

well, you're about to go again soon, have a sanuking good time! i'll try and survive 'til feb/march.

do you touch down in brunei or fly direct to b'kok? just to get things straight.

cool.gif" border="0

Archived