5000 Hmong from LOS headed to California

OCgringo

>>>Lastly, this thread proves what I've said for years: Westerners hate to discuss massive 3rd third-world immigration and generally just try to accept it as some sort of "natural" and "uncontrollable" phenomenom. I give up...at least for now <<<

i love to discuss "massive third world immigration", one of my favourite topics... but i love to look at some of the politics involved there as well, but i believe you would not want to discuss them...

>>>Additionally, native Americans enjoy much less restrictive fishing regulations throughout the States.<<<

really, is that so?

now that paints a completely different picture on the whole oglala incident and the american indian holocaust. those injuns should have been more grateful for those fishing rights. ;)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

The Indian holocaust was utterly wicked and cruel, devistating a way of life--alot of Irish (and other Europeans, you could say that America hadn't matured into the nation it is now and was just full of settling Euros) were involved with this event I think, but then they were treated badly by the British upper classes which eventually was part blame to the mass exodus of the irish to America. Now its water under the bridge, as said before I doubt Indians care less. I even saw the American flag flying in reservations in the South western states, I think they are proud to be Americans as why would they fly the US flag?

Guest lazyphil

Of course not everyone can be pleased all the time. I'm not trying to white wash what happened nor the after effects. Its an interesting site for sure.

Archived