A minor annoyance!

Zaad

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kawtort,

I can definitely relate to what you're saying in your post.

I would never leave the country only for such incidents though, but I understand that it can wear you out at times.

P127,

She feels the same as I do. I thought I were getting paranoid but she agreed and understood my feelings.

Hi Cent,

Good point about the chicken flu and increasing prices.

I'll do the same thing as Zaad, go back when the usual girls works that does the check bin and see what she will charge me.

Good luck with your restaurant and who knows, maybe one day I'll pass thru Surin.

This shit interests me as I have business in Pattaya and use a kitchen restaurant for food most days. Usually I send one of the girls to order and pay.

Now last week, Bt20 dishes went up to Bt30 dishes. I went to see why and they said because farang. Bollocks, its because of Cobra Gold and they think they can scam the US military. Hell, they maybe get an extra 10 dishes per day.

So I gave them Bt20 and told them that was it. Sure enough, my food comes alright and now no problem. They have known me ages and they still try to fuck me over now.

On how much it is, then perhaps look at this:

Baht bus 6 times per day @ Bt5 = 30

Food 3 times per day @ Bt10 = 30

Beer in bar (Thai) 1 per day @ Bt40 = 40 (aka Lucifers)

Laundry 3 pieces per day @ Bt5 = 15

Even on this short list that makes Bt115 per day, or Bt3450 per month and Bt41,400 per year. Add on other rip offs such as rent, trips, car hire, touristy things etc. and you may well get over Bt 100k per year. Thats not exactly loose change is it ?

I'm not including things where bargaining is expected here either.

It sometimes gets to me that they seem unable to differenciate between the tourist and the businessman who employs some of their relatives and puts rice on the table each day.

I live in Thailand. I understand its the principal not the money. But i can't understand how anyone who cares about it can be overcharged more than once or twice every few months, at most. You know the real price, you can ask before you buy. If you do get over charged never go there again.

Archived