A minor annoyance!

Zaad

Was buying food at the local market yesterday and bought the usual fried chicken with sticky rice. I buy it once a week or so at the same shop for months/years now, I love it,

However, this time I was helped by a different seller who refused to return the 5-Baht change from my double 20.

I have always bought the same shit for 35 Baht and now a different seller is trying to fool the unknown farang for a mere 5 Baht? The Fuck?

I told her that I come there often to buy the chicken/sticky rice for the same 35 Baht. The fact that she replied with a poor "No, it's 40 Baht" without even looking at my farang face confirms my thoughts.

I can accept an increase in prize IF it's either written somewhere or told before purchasing the goods. I then have the option to either buy or walk away. That's the way one should treat their (good / loyal) customers. Yes, they have earned themselves 5 Baht extra for the day, but will miss out on a lot of future vists from the dumb falang.

Those 5 Baht is not even the fucking point, I simply don't wish to buy my food there anymore after the scam, because 40 Baht for this food really IS too expensive here in Phitsanulok. Worst of all is that I now must find it elsewhere.

They messed up my weekly routine and THAT bothers me big time. Fuckers!

I'm thinking about going there and tell the usual seller that her replacement fucked me for 5 Baht and fucked her for a lot more...or am I making a too big deal out of this?

I just can't stand these little scams. Enough is enough damn it!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Go back to Holland for a month (high prices, miserable faces, like England) and then go back to LOS with a spring in your step. Not a cheap option granted but it would achieve the objective!

Well I would let the usual seller know about it......Maybe they did raise the price??

Either way, it is your choice! You can choose to be a customer where you get scammed or not!

I guess for you, do you feel comfortable patronising a place where you were scammed?

For I have a different experience (not sure whether u wish to here now though!) that I regularly buy bao phak (vegetable dumplings) from a temple near by and normally buy 3 packs.......Even though the original brother is no longer there, I still get 10 Baht discount from the normal cost of 60 baht! I have noticed some Thais get there nose out of place when I recieve this, but fuck! I have been a customer of this place consistently for 1 year and not so frequent over the last 5 years!

Let us know what u finally decide.

I'd mention to the original seller that you were skanked for the 5 Baht, and give him/her the chance to sort it out, before thinking about withdrawing my business.

C'mon man, it's only 5 Bt....chill out.

:devil::beer::devil:

I think the first question here is were you "scammed"?. She *may* have raised the prices. Send some one else (Thai) to buy the same thing. If *they* pay 35 baht you were "scammed". If they pay 40 baht, she put her prices up.

-j-

dvarpala said:

C'mon man, it's only 5 Bt....chill out.

Thats not the point..... I know its 'only' 5 Bt, but its the fact that he was (probably) scammed.

Face it, its a lot more about face than the money.

If you are a visitor, 5 Bt here, 20 Bt there, 300 Bt next time is no big deal, imagine the same happening at your local pub or cod & fry shop, then you;ll be crying fool as well, no ?

Come'on Zaad, kick some ass :p

BB

Hmmmm. Similar thing happened to me last night. The motocy win on my street has added some new guys. The old group was very cool and straight up. But this new guy tried to charge me an extra B10. for a normally B40 trip (Suk Soi 49 to Suk Soi 23). He only got B40 from me. I have to wonder tho' if he was mistaken about the price or if he wanted a fat farang surcharge? I'll ask one of the old guys in the win what they think.

But sometimes it DOES pay to be a farang. I had to get shitty with Panasonic customer service regarding my brand new camera. They were telling me after two weeks in the shop that it would be another four to get it back!!!!! This after only owning it for two weeks. I called up Panasonic Thailand and bitched to the MD. I highly doubt he would have taken a call or done anything for a Thai. Anyway, he looked into it and called me back at 1800 last night. I can pick up my camera Tuesday as Monday is a holiday! I am still pissed off at the fact that I could not simply exchange it as it was so new (Emporium said one week only).

Oh, regarding the chicken. I would talk to the original seller first as was suggested.

Cheers,

SD

SanukBoot,

"(not sure whether u wish to hear now though!)"

I sure do, and although your example is slightly different to mine I can understand why those Thais got surprised. It's actually none of their business but if they can't live with the curiosity it's their right to ask the seller for a clarification as to why you pay less for the same shit they bought.

You have earned your discount and they haven't, simple as that.

As for patronising a place where I got scammed...depends on the situation (where and how). In this case I'll probably just ignore and forget whatever happened. I won't go there anymore though.

Dvarpala,

I have bought lots of food there and after all these months I have been scammed for 5 Baht? I mean, I have bought for hundreds of Baht there and a silly 5-Baht scam is what I get in return. Stupid respectless mistake.

Lazyphil,

Bastard :)

Archived