Pattaya Orphanage Trust

Browsing the Freelancerbar site came across this link. It makes for sobering reading. Been a lot of talk on the board recently about sanuker morals and the like. Dunno what others think but this site has raised a couple of questions for me.

Anyway, I'll be wearing a hair shirt and flagellating next, here's the link:

http://www.cybernet.net/~rsmall/london.htm

[ July 03, 2001: Message edited by: Sukhumvit ]

You can go to the orphanage and buy a meal for all the kids. They make it pretty simple to do. They want you to be there and help serve it to the kids.

We did this last Christmas. Went to McDonalds and had them deliver 150 burgers, fries (chips) and cokes. Other option is to bring the ingredients and they will cook it.

You need to go first and schedule what meal you want to donate. If you don't speak much Thai, take someone with you.

• 2 weeks later...

How much did the McDonald meal cost you? I am sure the kids enjoy it and it was all worthwhile. Do you have any local contact information (don't want to go through London)? I am thinking of buying some toys.

There are a few threads about prison visit. I think it's more worthwhile to visit orphanages.

Take Care

Gilbert

CKrisg,

What I am also interested in is finding locally goverment funded orphanages. I pass by this Pattaya orphanage (on Sukhumvit road, I think) and I think it's relatively well funded with London based charity group helping them. Since I never went in, I could be wrong.

My trip to Thailand are pretty short (1 week max) and I would prefer to set things up before I leave.

thanks

Gilbert

Archived