New passport - old visa...

Need advice. Will get a new passport soon, but are unsure about the procedure of 'transfering' the visa (Non "B"/still valid for another 9 days) from the old passport to the new one.

Where at Bangkok's immigration office can I do it? What papers do I need?

Many hanks in advance for your valuable advice!

It's pretty quick and easy. Bring both passports to the immigration building and explain what you need to do at the info counter. Then when leaving the country bring both passports with you to be safe.

i made this once at the one stop visa/work permit office at Rachada, but had to pay an additional fee for the visa stamp in the new passport; however this was for a rest period of more than one year.

another time when i was here on 30 days on arrival and got a new passport i did not go to any immigration office; no problem when i was leaving at Don Muang immigration. they just changed passport number in the disembarkment form and made a exit stamp in the new passport.

probably latter will be fine for you if it is only 9 days.

Also, your Embassy (they all know the procedure) will give you a letter for Immigration explaining what you want. I've never had an Immigration official want to see my old passports whenever I've left the country. Immigration will explain in fine detail the pertinent data from your old passport in the first page or 2 of your new one.

Archived