Thai upbringing- Good or Bad?

Zaad

mainly a middle class thing:

try to live like the rich, hire some cheopo servant to take care of the kids, don't allow the servant to punish them when they deserve it, and see what you get.

village kids are in general a lot better behaved as they are not getting away with shit.

"try to live like the rich, hire some cheopo servant to take care of the kids, don't allow the servant to punish them when they deserve it, and see what you get."

That's definitely a big problem right there. Or another mistake I've seen is parents arguing or disagreeing with eachoter's decision regarding punishment for the kids IN FRONT OF the kids. Parents ought to be A TEAM and never allow themselves to become a 'good cop bad cop' for their kids. Kids are experts in taking advantage of such situations.

"...and if you think that thai kids are bad, then have a look at indian middle class kids...ARGHHHH! "

That bad? Ok, India's off my list. :)

>I have seen it too many times and it not only makes me sick but it also makes me worry about this city's future and perhaps the Thai future.

Not really replying to you, just my experience.

Last year, we threw a NYE party for the kids from the family and and from the neigbourhood. About 50 children turned up, all with token presents for a draw.

We bought the nibbles, lots of fruit (strawberries, too), ice cream and softdrinks. Xmas tree and decorations, caps, hats, all that.

The kids behaved so well, older (10 yrs) pouring drinks for the younger (5-6yrs) from 1.5 L bottles, not a cup overturned, not a chip dropped, they danced and had a good fun.

Exchanging presents - it was a draw, they all lined up and applauded to each winner (everybody was a winner) and it was a very nice sight. All the kids were from poor or less poor families, nothing like middle class or higher, if such a thing exists there. A village.

I would not have any problems sending my children to spend holidays with them.

Archived