Regent Cha Am

think_too_mut

think_too_mut said:

Next time in LOS, I'd like to stay at Cha Am Regent with my family.

Looks nice on the net, not cheap.

I saw the place being recommended in this section but haven't heard anyone saying more than that.

Has anyone stayed there?

This place comprises of the two complexes - the Regent Hotel and the Regent Beach Resort - you will not have to pay more than US$51 for a double (family) room at the Regent and US$50 for a Std Chalet room (3+ persons) at the Regent Beach Resort next door. The reviews were just great elsewhere for this place, sounds really nice to me!

I was just at the Regent Cha-am two months ago, and you are right it is self containted with sprawling gardens, pool, restaurants, etcetera. :D

However, I thought the value was kind of weak. The room was perfunctory, hot water in my shower was really inconsistent, and the hotel actually changed my room once to fix the problem [only slightly better] :doah: The Thai food is certainly nothing exceptional in the restaurants..

However, they do go about making a big show of presenting it, and dressing up their staff. Why not just get a better chef, no?

Its a family trip, but one last caveat is late at night there are virtually no options for food/snacks. The minimart on the grounds even closes at about 11-ish. :( You're left with peanuts and the mini-bar.

The beach is beautiful and accessible right on site.. but that's just true of Cha-am in general, and most resort-hotels. I'm trying to think of an alternative in Cha-am, but haven't explored too much.

no worse than any other package type deal.

I think the miniature golf course is quite amusing...

Best,

the_numbers

A self proclaimed whore such as yourself must be bringing a lady with you, as there is not much whoring to be done in cha-am ::

I can recommend highly Saeng Song condo. Very large room, nice pool, and on the beach road. There are plenty of restaurants on that road, and if you and the lady like beer bars, the Plaza is a very short moto ride, could even walk. About five bars there.

Its a small place, doubt anything on the net about it. On memory, the price is in the 700 baht range.

Ph # (663) 247 1466

Archived