Regent Cha Am

think_too_mut

I have always felt that Cha Am was one of the undiscovered places in LOS. Have seen the Cha Am Regent and it is a nice hotel but too expensive for my tastes. But then again I don't have a family. Cha Am caters predominately to Thai families that can't afford Hua Hin. Lot's to do on the beach to include horseback riding, tubing, and lot's of food vendors.

Great place for kids.

Sorry I can't give more info on the Regent maybe someone else on the board can. I can just recommend Cha Am.

Hi TTM

Stayed there ...nice hotel .

Pools are good...nice restaurants with full ocean views.

We were shown a garden...like a vegetable type garden.( the kings son..or brother i forget either wanted it or takes care of it) very nice and well kept...

My choice would be the Dusit polo Club in Cha Am :up:

We were shown such a great time there i will never forget the hotel.

The regent is a well run hotel and worth a look.

The one thing I would say about the Regent, Cha Am is that it is midway between Hua Hin and Cha Am and not very convenient for either.

Incidentally there is one good reason why Cha Am is undiscovered. There is nothing there to discover.

>The one thing I would say about the Regent, Cha Am is that it is midway between Hua Hin and Cha Am and not very convenient for either.

I'm fine with nothing to discover. However, is it self contained, with variety of places to eat enough for 4-5 days?

Thet say there are several restaurants within the complex.

I don't expect abundance of street wendors.

Hi

If you are after a quiet break from work with a loved one ..it is a good spot.

The hotels in Cha Am have shuttles to take you to the night market etc...or into Hua Hin.

The hotels/resorts have all you may need for a short break...very romantic spot.....long beach and very few tourists .

think this is what TTM may be after.

Oh...Samak...

it is beautifull,romantic,looks great,....all you are not :neener:

Is just a different place and type of holiday destination.

I have a soft spot as we had our honemoon in Hua Hin.

Those restaurants on the wharf have great views and great food to match.

Shopping is a little more expensive than BKK but is all part of being in a different part of thailand.

Ok...you do not have Go Go girls in your face 24/7..but you would not vist Cha Am/HH for that!

Just a nice place to relax and enjoy life...will go back again and again.

Try it..if done...Phuket/PP/Krabi/ etc ..worth a few days

:up::beer:

Torney! i have been in Hua Hin maybe 30-40 times or maybe even beyond 50 times (i am not counting, usually just for a weekend retreat; the longest stay was 4-5 days)

i was just answering Jonny Was, who lives in Hua Hin and made a comment, that there is nothing to discover in Cha Am!

<Those restaurants on the wharf have great views and great food to match>

and high prices and a lot of mosquitos, in particular outside the cool season

<Ok...you do not have Go Go girls in your face 24/7..but you would not vist Cha Am/HH for that!>

there is actually a gogo in Cha Am, but not even mediocre

Archived