purchasing/obtaining a one year visa??

Hi

My 2 month tourist visa and my one month extension is about up so I want to get a one year visa with multiple entries. I found a place (no lawyers or anything too legal from the sounds of it) that says they will get a one year visa with multiple entries processed for 15,000Baht (about$330 USD). Anyone have any good/bad experiences with this process that they can share? Also, how difficult is it to get a one year visa if you have no job/business in Thailand by myself. Thanx.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AussieDoug is right. And if they promise you more, then (a) they cannot deliver or (B) your visa won't be legal. My advice, stick with a legitimate firm. This firm, like many of the others that do their advertising in Nana and Patpong toliets, are scams, operating illegally or both. It is not worth it.

quote:

Originally posted by AussieDoug:

The problem is yhis multiple entry visa is just that,you will still have to do the visa run every three months,so what have you gained?

But won't these visa runs conceivably be one day border runs? Beats having to leave the country, apply for another tourist visa, wait a day or two for processing, then go back.

My Humble view is, these visa'a are ILLEGAL and expensive, for pretty much the same money (Well, little more) you can get a perfectly legal one very easily so why bother. For myself,I just wouldn't want to run the risk of staying here illegally, these places have been busted before and will be again.

A few years ago I met a girl who went bankruptcy (before in real estate). As a way of having money again she wanted to go away working in massage parlours in Australia, Germany or Singapore. (I never learned how she got the idea - I was her first sex partner for two years.)

Her application for visa to Australia was not approved. Then mamasan wanted her to go down to Australia on a borrowed passport (the girl has white skin). This never happened as I warned her about the risk of being blackmailed by mamasan.

Maybe the passport's owner was an australian woman asking for visa - who knows.

elef

I don't know much about so-called companies being able to produce in-country multi-entry visas; sounds too easy, therefore, probably illegal.

I will say is there is a HUGE advantage in obtaining a legal, multi-entry visa over a double or single one. You don't have to deal with the Thai embassies in a foreign land, you save weekday time and $$$$$$. Yes, you have to leave the country every three months but that could be for 10 minutes at the cambodian or laos border or a nice weekend trip over to vietnam or cambodia.

I have one now in which I will obtain another one in LA this coming Sept from the Thai embassy there. Be aware that some surrounding countries here do not issue one-year multi entry visas even if your company's letter requests one.

Sincerely,

Cardinalblue

gene1944

i got one of the visas you are refering to- when i got my passport back from the agency i saw where they had shipped it to australia and brought it back to thailand overland through a checkpont on the malaysian border-

i deccided not to risk "losing" my passport again through such a risky procedure- of course it's your call

Archived