purchasing/obtaining a one year visa??

If you apply for a year NON Emmigrant B ( multiple entry )visa in a europe country then you don't have a problem.

Remember a consulate is easyer then the embassy.

I have now a year visa ( don't have to go out of the country any more ) and a year work permit as well.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone describe the process of going to the Cambodian border for a new stamp in the passport. I used to go to Singapore, get my stamp and return the same day. Costs me 6000 baht each time. Would be nice to do it cheaper somehow.

quote:

Originally posted by The Flying Dutchman:

If you apply for a year NON Emmigrant B ( multiple entry )visa in a europe country then you don't have a problem.

I have now a year visa ( don't have to go out of the country any more ) and a year work permit as well.

quote:

Originally posted by The Flying Dutchman:

Sorry-O, something went wrong. Could you pls elucidate what it is you're saying. Are you corporate ? Did you establish a company in Thailand ? I don't quite understand. Surely you can't just bugger off to a consulate in A-dam and kindly request a working permit and a multiple entry visa which allows you to stay for a year without interruption.

All the best

I have a company (Limetid partnership) in Thailand so I'm entiteld to a workpermit.

I went to the consulate and I showed them the company inventation letter.

And they said to me "this is nice but I don't need it because this is the sevend time that you request for a B visa so whe believe you".

I'm ow in Thailand with a year visa and my laywer arranged a year workpermit.

• 2 weeks later...

[QB]I have a company (Limetid partnership) in Thailand so I'm entiteld to a workpermit.

Hi FD!

Find this board a little difficult to navigate at times. Can I ask you about this limited partnership ? I've been considering to establish a company in Thailand if only to obtain a residence permit. I know people who still prefer to set up companies relying on "partners" who don't know each other but the "normal" procedure would seem to go to a law firm and the law firm associates would participate and subsequently sign something to the effect handing you back the voting right. Many, many law firms offer this king of service. In Phuket however, there have been reports on crack-downs on law firms like this, based on the notion these constructions were not within the "spirit" of the legal requirements. Establishing yourself as a high-tech company still provides a loophole to stay in control but I've become weary of those law firms. Everything is "peaches" and "no problem" untill all of a sudden it's a *big* problem. Literally, you may end up loosing everything overnight under a construction like that.

Could you tell me a little more about how your company is constructed.

Thanks in advance

Hi FD

Can I ask you a little more about establishing a company ? I've been thinking about that myself simply to obtain a permanent resisdence permit. I know folk who've established a company using a number of "paper" partners and *many* law firms seem to offer this kind of service where associates will become partner and subsequently sign something as to the effect of handing back voting rights.

Thing is : There's been crack-downs on law firms like that in Phuket 'coz authorities figured they were violating the "spirit" of the law. Difficult to judge how serious all this was in the end but the way I understood things it seemed quite possible to loose everything overnight in case you had a company constructed in this manner.

Loophole still seems to be establishing e.g. a high-tech company and there's a few more possibilities apparently but I'd be interested to hear how you went about it.

Thanks in advance

HI

I don't have a strange or illegal company but a solid company with my wife and sister.

For a limited partnership you only need two partners and not like a LTD company seven partners.

A good laywer can arange everything if you have the papers and partners.

I'm standing on the payroll of the company and then you can ask for a workpermit.

With the new law you can get a year entry permit and with this a year workpermit.

Good Luck and remember use a solid and strustworthy laywer.

Archived