Bangkok - weekends or weekdays?

spudsmck

After 17 Trips to Thailand (all to pattaya & other beach towns) I still haven't been to a bar in Bangkok.

Next Oct I'm planning on staying in Bangkok a few days, so my question is:

Are the weekdays or the weekends better for cruising the beer bars?

Wow. 17 trips!

About time you checked it out, methinks!

Everynight is Saturday night in BKK when you're on holidays!

IMO it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. The only thing I would say though is that most of the bars are a little quieter MON-FRI, so the selection of girls for you is better. (A lot of the expats tend to stay home SUN-THU nights, which makes sense as they have to work in the morning). However if you go to the more popular bars, such as ANGEL WITCH in Nana or LONG-GUN in Soi Cowboy it seems like its Saturday night every night in those places and always busy and hard to get a seat. Still, trends change and one week's top venue is next week's dog. But as I said, you're on holidays - it doesn't matter. There's always more than enough girls around to keep you interested!

Good luck, Fly P.

With more trips in than you, I would say I agree a bit with FP. Everynight is Saturday but the expats don't make the scene. The boys on holiday do. And everyday IS Saturday for them so......the best day to go is the day that has the best deals. If that is a weekend, then so be it. If it happens to be Wednesday at 10am, that then that is the best time. It is all up to the individual and what is best for them. I am up for critisizm. In fact, I plan on being the whipping boy of the board. I've been quiet long enough. With a few years in on the board and numerous trips to Thailand, Philippines and other areas, I plan on being loud and obnoxious. Take care all.

Your future banned member

<Everynight is Saturday but the expats don't make the scene>

Just trying to avoid as much crowds a possible so I want to go and check it out on a semi-quiet night :sleeping: , but was thinking that maybe alot of girls only work on the weekends :rolleyes:

If you give a chimp a gun, don't blame the chimp if he shoots someone.

>Just trying to avoid as much crowds a possible so I want to go and check it out on a semi-quiet night , but was thinking that maybe alot of girls only work on the weekends

Not only a few of the lookers may be taken out Friday night for weekend. True, they do work on the weekends, but not always around the chrome pole.

Under normal circumstances (no APEC or Xmas) Sunday and Monday nights are usually quieter than most of other nights.

Archived