Sanuk scene in samui vs. phuket

zigfreed

How would you compare the sanuk scene in Samui to that found in Phuket. I've been to Phuket a few times, but never to samui. I'm thinking of going there on my next trip. Would appreciate your comments on beaches, lodging, and general activity/boredom factors too.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Sanuk scene of Chaweng or Lamai is certainly smaller than in Patong. the scene is also more spread than in Patong where it is concentrated on Bangla road. there is also a smaller variety on venues; on Samui there are only 2 small gogo's, no MP, 3 discos, Patong has more to offer.

overall Samui is cheaper.

Hi Samak,

are you sure there's not at least one MP, I remember seeing one 4 years ago in Lamai. I stayed with (now) ex-TW so I never found out if it was a soapy one or not.

elef

>I've been to Phuket a few times, but never to samui. I'm thinking of going there on my next trip. Would appreciate your comments on beaches, lodging, and general activity/boredom factors too.

I've never been to Phuket but been to Samui.

The scene is not really sophisticated but is big enough to ensure you won't be going back to your room alone.

However, If I had enough time I would rather bring a girl with me from BKK or PTY.

I find Samui a lot more relaxed than other places. You dont get the same lookers in Samui as you do in Bkk and Pattaya. It is also in a way slightlu harder work than in Pattaya etc as you have to click with the girl. Dont worry though its still no problem.

Age bracket for farangs is lower than Pattaya and Bangkok, in general.

Plenty of good clubs, SuperSub in Lamai is good fun, a little on the priceyside though.

For those seeking the GFE, Samui delivers, for the prolific short time man though I would not recommend Lamai at all. Small place and you cannot avoid your previous hours partner.

STH

spirit_of_town_hall said:

I find Samui a lot more relaxed than other places. You dont get the same lookers in Samui as you do in Bkk and Pattaya.

[color:"red"] Maybe, but they still look a lot better than all the farang bitches sitting next to me in my office (and one is just smiling at me - ooops) [/color]

Age bracket for farangs is lower than Pattaya and Bangkok, in general.

For those seeking the GFE, Samui delivers, for the prolific short time man though I would not recommend Lamai at all. Small place and you cannot avoid your previous hours partner. [color:"red"] Yeap, you also have to bring up a good game-plan, if you plan on changing from day to day! [/color]

STH

[color:"red"]I love Lamai and I would love to be there right now :( :( [/color]

[color:"red"]MaW [/color]

Archived