Pass Port

Thanks Long Gun, I will be staying 2 days in Bangkok and 3 in Pattaya then back to Bangkok for the rest of the trip. I think I will stay the first 2 days at the Manhattan, I'm not sure where I'll stay in Pattaya. And if you have the time it would be great to have a drink with you. I'll be leaving LAX on the 15th. Take care and thanks again. Jon.

quote:

Originally posted by Jon:

Thanks Long Gun, I will be staying 2 days in Bangkok and 3 in Pattaya then back to Bangkok for the rest of the trip. I think I will stay the first 2 days at the Manhattan, I'm not sure where I'll stay in Pattaya. And if you have the time it would be great to have a drink with you. I'll be leaving LAX on the 15th. Take care and thanks again. Jon.

In case you haven't checked, I sent a private message to you. Click on 'my profile' to read it.

LG

LG, sorry about the long wait for a reply, I just purchased my tickets this am. I had to leave Lax a day later due to connecting flight out of KC. I will arrive in BKK on the 17th at 135 pm. Hope we can still meet during my stay. I also had to leave a day early for the same reason. This will only give me 5 days in LOS. I guess it will have to do.

quote:

I will arrive in BKK on the 17th at 135 pm. Hope we can still meet during my stay. I also had to leave a day early for the same reason. This will only give me 5 days in LOS. I guess it will have to do.

Not having much luck with this trip are you!? Pleased I'm not booked on your flight!! Assuming you do actually arrive safely, I should be finished work just about the time when you step out of the shower.

Send me a private message with a name, preferably the one you check in under. I think you might have to reconsider the Pattaya excursion.

LG

quote:

I think I will stay the first 2 days at the Manhattan, I'm not sure where I'll stay in Pattaya.

From Interalia (Nanapong board):

"The Manhattan is listed as a guest friendly hotel here. It is not at all guest friendly, and in fact you may be charged a joiner fee in excess of what they tell you up front a double will cost. I was quoted 1200 baht a night for a single and 1400 baht a night for a double. Relying on the guest friendly rating from Nanapong I booked a single, thinking that if worse came to worst and I got tagged for another 200 baht it would be no big deal.

When I showed up at 12:00 with guest in tow, Surprise! They hit me for 417 baht. No amount of explanation would change the situation. It's only about $9 US, so it's of no real consequence, except that I'd like for everyone to be aware of this before they patronize this hotel.

Also, it's not that good a hotel. The best thing I can say about it is the air conditioning works real well. The only english television they have is CNBC and MTV, and the staff has a little bit of an attitude.

The "fitness center" consists of one broken exercise bicycle, a beat up treadmill that barely works, a couple of free weight bars and some marginally useful weight machines. This is all ensconced in a delightful dark little dungeon somewhere in the bowels of the second floor, and receives not one ray of sunlight from any source whatsoever.

The vaunted "free breakfast" is nothing much either. And they don't check your coupon so if you really want that just walk in off the street at the appropriate time and you can partake.

All in all a big bust. Spend your money elsewhere and avoid these misrepresentations, as well as other unpleasant surprises undoubtedly in store here."

But from Jason:

3287.3 in reply to 3287.1

"I have always had success when booking a double room at 930Bt. You are right about the TV and exercise room; however the in-room safe and free breakfast is well worth the price. Also their proximity to CEP and Thermae makes it a great place to stay. I have not found a better place to stay at the price."

I have a friend who will stay there later this week. Will pass on any updated info.

LG

[ September 09, 2001: Message edited by: Long Gun ]

Archived