Pass Port

First I'd like to say that I am new to this board and this is my first question. I have been to Korea twice and to the PI once, TDY. I have never been to LOS, but have heard all the stories from friends that have been there TDY. I have always traveled on my ID card in the past, because I was going there to be stationed or on TDY. Now the question, do I have to carry my Pass Port at all times while in LOS. I have heard all the stories of pick pockets and have been mugged myself while in Panama at knife point. Wow, I still had a great time. The blue goose was a great bar.

We will be arriving at Bangkok in Sept. and stay for two weeks with a trip to Pattaya planned. One of my friends has never even been on a plane before and has only been to an airport one time in his life. This will be a trip of a life time for him. My other friend as been overseas once to desert shield desert storm but has be no where else. This will be alot fun just watching them taking in the sights.

BTW, just wanted to say how great this site is. Thanks.

“do I have to carry my Pass Port at all times while in LOS”

Officially you should be able to identify yourselves, hence to carry a passport. But as on any holiday destination, leave you valuables including your passport in the hotel. Most hotels do have safe-deposits boxes.

I was some time ago in the Philippines on a business travel and was advised only to only carry a photocopy of my passport, just in case.

Thanks all, so if I have this right I have to make a copy of the first page(done) and when I get into LOS make a copy of the stamped page and carry it also while I'm out. While I'm flying over and on the trip down to Pattaya carry the pass port on me. Ok, I think I got it.

Just got bad news, the friend that has never flown just told me his father was hurt and he is unable to go on the trip. My plans are still to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I make a color copy of my passport (pages with data, my photo and the Thai stamp) and keep that with me...

Yes, I have been asked for my passport from time to time... A few times at stores when I charge something on my credit card.. once when buying airline tickets... etc..

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0

I carry a color copy of my passport and visa, downsized to creditcard format, sealed with me and never had any trouble when police asks my passport (3 times since 3 years). Looks much like the Thai driverlicence now.

Thanks, I will do as you all have advised. My other friend has just dropped out so I will be doing the vacation alone. I will have to cut the vacation short, from 2 weeks to just one. I will leave Lax the 15th of Sept. The rest of the vacation will be spent riding my Hayabusa to and from Texas.

Thanks again, Jon.

quote:

Originally posted by Jon:

Thanks, I will do as you all have advised. My other friend has just dropped out so I will be doing the vacation alone. I will have to cut the vacation short, from 2 weeks to just one. I will leave Lax the 15th of Sept. The rest of the vacation will be spent riding my Hayabusa to and from Texas.

Thanks again, Jon.

Canny pair of friends you've got there, mate! No wonder they've never been anywhere else. Congratulations on having the determinationu to carry on with your trip alone. Don't worry, you won't stay that way for long!

Are you going to stay in Bangkok or still try to make it to Pattaya?

If you want to meet for a beer and a nudge in the right direction, let us know.

LG

Archived