Shebas and a non closure

Lord Toad

Peter (Playskool, Shebas and Susie Wongs) asked me to post this here.

Apparently there was an internet site saying Shebas is subject a 90 day closure order.

This is rubbish. Shebas has no problems with the boys in brown.

Nobody has yet been closed for 90 days, and Peter just wonders where the story came from? Also why the person publishing the story did not contact him for confirmation, or otherwise?

I also read that story somewhere, the strange thing though I was in Sheba's the other night and a few girls working there told me that Sheba's had a closure coming soon, the reason was not showing but wearing to revealing outfits and they had to change the style to less revealing,

One wonders why they have to be so anal about dress codes. Showing a little skin is a given in gogo's in the west and soi cowboy isn't a foot path of children or thai's; just some western guys there. Still, the nightlife is pretty impressive as a whole, but it just seems a very un-thai attitude to be so intolerant of the slightest mischief. :dunno:

" but it just seems a very un-thai attitude to be so intolerant of the slightest mischief."

It is consistent with a conservative Thai attitude as many think this reflects poorly on the country as a whole.

The elections are coming, things may loosen up. You just never know around here.

Coincidentally, I noticed this in Stickman's 9 May archived column:

"Sheba's in Soi Cowboy were caught "showing" in that recent Police raid and rumours suggest that they are going to be hammered with a 90 day closure...NINETY DAYS!  This is serious and could be very harmful to business in the long term.  Let's hope it doesn't eventuate. "

Archived