secure mail/package delivery

I had a parcel sent to me by registered mail from Oz. I was supposed to sign for it but didn't the delivery man left it in front of my door. The parcel contained taxation records that I had to sign and send back.

I would not suggest UPS for any place outside of bkk:

A while back I send some important papers to Sakon Nakon by UPS.

tracked it on line each day, showed it was delivered in less than 3 days, but guess what?

Called to sakon nakon to make sure, and it was not there.

4 days later it showed up on the mail.

Seems Ups did not take it there, just mailed it from Bkk.

fortunatly, it all arrived ok, but still!!!

I have used EMS mail both ways since then, works well, no problems ( so far).

pasathai---

WOW, I'm a bit red with embarrassment..

shocked.gif" border="0 I looked up the delivery % for Thailand (what % of packages were successfully delivered) and it is 99.87.. That's quite high for SE Asia.. BTW, the difference between 99.87 and 100 is usually packages that are seized by customs and destroyed, bad addresses and are returned to senders or rarely theft... I've never had problems with UPS services in the Kingdom, but I do recognize that no service is "100 fool proof".. I've only found that when you use a private courier (UPS/FEDEX/DHL) that these companies have a FINANCIAL interest in getrting your package to it's destination versus using a governmental entity... This is only IMHO...

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0

UPSer

high percentage, is that from ups site?

The package/papers I sent was listed as delivered on the ups site days b4 it actually got there.

I will say, it was about 4 years ago, I am sure ups is doing better now.

ED Z:

I have had packages sent to my address in

bKK, but sometimes have just got a note to come to the Post office to pick them up.

Usually some (IMHO) bogus charge involved.

But with ems, small items never had a problem sending or rec.

I used BAX a few times with success, but did get charged what I consider excess charges/duty. ( usually I think of it as a charge of what they can get away with, I'm sure you know what I mean).

Upser: , I use ups at my business in USA, average about $4k bill a month.

It seems to me, the past year ups has added some software to put what I would call "bogus" charges on our bill, every month we go over it, and find charges for oversize, over weight, ect. which we find are incorrect, and we call in in to complain, and it is reversed most of the time> To me it seems they are pulling something ( or maybe just incompetent) in hopes big companies do not check into it.

( BTW, I just ordered FEDex on line software, may change over soon).

sorry if I went overboard on this, but still unwinding from recent events that is weighing heavily on all of us ( in America anyway).

I'm headed for thailand in early Nov. but now not such a good feeling about it.

pasathai--

The % I quoted is not on our general website... In fact, it is a compilation number.. in that you have to account for the different levels of service (express, non-express, ground, etc) that is offered and then compile the results based on volume of each category.. Unfortunately since I am not in our QC (quality control) department, I cannot explain further..

As far as adding bogus charges goes.. From the words you used.. "oversized, etc" these are all charges related to "non-standard" sized items.. in the freight business we use a measurement called DIM (dimensional) weight which simply is LxWxH.. that total is divided by some divisor and you have a 'dim weighted" package.. this insures that everyone is 'fairly' charged for shipments.. for example: if you send a large box of styrofoam peanuts, it might weight only 3kgs. However, the actual SPACE that the box will take up on the plane is 'worth' soo much more.. so we would assess that pgk a "dim" weight... The same goes if you're sending a small block of lead.. it may only be the size of your checkbook, but weighs 25kgs.. again, "dim" weight applies and you may be charged accordingly.. So.. it's not only "how heavy is the pkg?".. another factor is how BIG (LxWxH) is it...

Again, since I am not in the billing/finance deparment I cannot elaborate further.. I do know that ALL private couriers (UPS/FEDEX/DHL/etc) use this system, as it is worldwide industry standard.

I suspect that some (maybe not all) of these charges you refer to are a result of this situation...

---UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Upser:

thanks for taking the time to reply.

I probably should have explained my use of the word "bogus" better.

when we noted some boxes were oversize, we checked on our info( we note sizes of most boxes on the bill to the customes)

and found they were not even close to oversize ( some boxes were just phone book size),

when we call ( seems like an every month thing now) and complain ( point it out) they agree and credit it more times than not.

I have been a ups customer/ ( with id ##) since 1982, overall its ok, but lately ( the past few years I am somewhat disenchanted.

( hope we don't get flammed for discussing this here)

thanks

Archived