Where Would You Move To?

MooNoi

Guest lazyphil

No wonder you have a less than positive feel about it here then!!...hey my mrs aint called Noi and aint lazy, thats my MO--but thats not relevent is it? ::

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Again LP.

No - I love the UK. I did a lot of travel there when I was there. Have also made 4 trips apart from the time I lived there. Living in London really got me down by the end of my time there. If I had my "visa time" again, I would go somewhere nice like Cambridge, Oxford, Canterbury etc and live there. A much nicer atmosphere but still within striking distance of London. If you're not on a fantastic wage in London its a really hard place to live and have a good lifestyle without having to scrimp and save every day.

Scotland is stunning, and the countryside of Wales, the Cotswolds, Yorkshire and the West Country of England are gorgeous.

But the weather DID get me down. It was hard to get used to day after day of grey skies and rain in London when I came from a place where we have a largely "outdoor lifestyle" many months of the year.

I'll always stick up for the UK. I love the place. Great pubs, village cricket, (which I played when I was there and loved it), great culture, fantastic music concerts every week, great architecture... living there is an experience I will never regret. It was actually my choice on the poll in this post.

As for "Lazynoi"... wasn't meaning any offence in any way, if that's how you took it! Sincere apologies if that's how it was taken. Would never cast dispersions on someone's permanent partner on the board!! Especially if having never met the board member or their partner. Was just using prominent board-member's usernames to add to the post's content! Sorry again if I've upset you!

Fly P.

Guest lazyphil

LoL no offence taken!!.....yes the weather here can be a grind but believe it or not when the mrs goes back to LOS she moans about the heat/sunshine. As long as it doesn't get super cold, which as you know in southern England it seldom does (like continental Europe/Plains USA) she actually likes the climate. I remember more gloomy cloudy days in bkk than sunny ones oddly enough!

btw, what pubs in Cambridge did you frequent?...a spare bed is here for you if feel like visiting us (no bar fining though!!) if you are ever in town :hug::beer:

Phew... thanks Phil - was getting worried there!!

Only did the day-trip to Cambridge and stayed in Ely that night if I remember rightly. You know - Kings College, a punt on the river, (was that a "cunt in a punt"? Maybe! ::), then into the hire car and off to Ely to look at the stunning cathedral there with the magnificent "octagon" feature.

Used to drink around Hammersmith at The George, and the pubs on the river in Hammersmith - The Dove was my favourite. Also the Moon Over Water in Twickers and The Red Lion in Barnes. Can't remember the name of the one in Exeter though! :drunk:

Same same you if you and Mrs Phil come to AUS. Sure I can find a place for you in my humble little room! You can have my bed and I'll have the couch! ;):hug::beer:

Guest lazyphil

Enough!!..this cyber hug is getting too much!! (keep the snakes out of your place though, I'm very scare snakes!)....ahh, Ely, the ship of the Fens, yes the Cathedral there is magnificent, it stands out in that bleak landscape.

C**t in the punt, LMAO, how true, but the biggest c**ts though are the student touts who hassle me to take a ride on one, I must look like a friggen tourist ::....I told the mrs if I come into big money I'm importing a dozen car engine powered longtails from Bangers and compete with the punt cartel, me thinks those growling bkk machines will wake up the Cambridge Backs ::

"As for "Lazynoi"... wasn't meaning any offence in any way, if that's how you took it! Sincere apologies if that's how it was taken. Would never cast dispersions on someone's permanent partner on the board!! Especially if having never met the board member or their partner. Was just using prominent board-member's usernames to add to the post's content! Sorry again if I've upset you!

Fly P"

The fick is happening here? Do I need to go to a lunatic asylum or what? ::

I'm pretty sure I was the one who wrote "LazyNoi", no need for apologies FP unless it's on my behalf.

I can take Phil anyhow :D

Zaadster... time for a trip to the optomitrists Flythinks!! ;)

I wrote "LazyNoi" in my original post (first one on the thread) of "IF BAR GIRLS HAD A BOARD LIKE THIS ONE" (or whatever I called it). Too lazy to go back and check - its bedtime!

When I read your post further down, I did think there was a breach of copyright there!!! ::

Funny how we both chose "Noi" though... maybe "LazyLek" would have been better!

You and Phil? That would be an interesting spectacle to say the least! :grinyes: Personally, my money's on Phil. (Sorry Zaad! :beer:)

Archived