Website for BKK Computer Store???

MooNoi

I want to buy a new laptop next time I'm in LOS. But I'd like to compare prices with what's available here in Oz and also in Kuala Lumpur.

Does anyone know of any (reputable) companies/shops in BKK that have a website in English displaying prices of their laptops?

Any web-links/tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Fly P.

Just a reminder FP that if you get a lappy in LOS etc, that you should ensure that it comes with an "International" warranty and not an Asian area one, if you are taking it back to OZ. Have you ever used the GST refund at the OZ airports when you buy something big-priced? You will get a very healthy refund credited back to you several weeks later, you could look into this and just walk-through with the laptop on returning thru Customs! :: :: ::

Yeah - thanks for the tip SC.

Had a great little 'scam' (nice to be on the other end of one for a change! ::) last time I bought my lappie in LOS: Bargained with the guy at Panthip and eventually got the sell price reduced by the amount of the Thai VAT, which was pretty "jai dee" of him. Then he was REALLY "jai dee" and wrote out the receipt as if I'd paid the full-price with VAT. Took that to the counter at BKK airport, (where they pay the refund in cash), and got the refund on the VAT from the receipt. :D

So ended up saving about 10,000 B on the whole deal!

Will try and do the same thing again with the new lappie I buy.

Cheers,

Fly P.

Archived