Hotel recommendations near Soi Cowboy

torrenova

Hi NPP

Thaipan? I`ll second that.

Even a SC BG won`t object to negotiate the distance to the hotel by walking :)

Best hotel I ever stayed at.

Paid 1.300 bht as well.

However, before checking in I specifically asked if they would charge me for "guests".

No fee, and I later checked the bill and I wasn`t charged.

But of course they could have changed their policy by now, I was there in November last year.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

I usally stay at the Manhattan on Soi 15. Its a 10 min walk to Soi Cowboy and last time I was there, the cute BG had no problem walking to the hotel. Rooms and big and clean, with safe in the room. Price is around B1,000 per day, including a good breakfast. I usually book a double room, but I have heard they are guest friendly.

Jason,

Check out the Royal Pres down soi 15 a little further past somerset. The Court wing has suites from 1700 to 2500 baht. Nicer place then the Manhattan. Close to Cowboy... But, I rarely ever walk...taxi for 37 baht is way to cheap to pass up.

SkiBum

I really like the Jasmine Suites for its location, decor and easy to connect to the net in your room.

I stayed there for the 2nd time last week before flying home and I would like to report I will probually give it a miss next time as the showers suck bigtime. Well it wasn't really the shower but lack of hot water. I ran the water for a good 20 minutes and there was no change in the water's temperature. But I was able to draw hotwater after about 3 minutes from the vanity.

Any other punters have a similar experience.

When I told the hotel upon checking out they didn't at all look surprised. Bloody stupid farang needs hot water in a hot country.

SkiBum -or whoever might be in the know: Have you checked out the Cattleya Suites in the recently renovated Garden Wing at Royal President yet? Just booked one of those for a 4-night stay in a few weeks and wouldn't mind hearing some first-hand insights. How is this Garden Wing located in relation to the front desk/reception, anyway? Cheers.

Oh and pardon me for hijacking the thread. :beer:

Archived