Hotel recommendations near Soi Cowboy

torrenova

As its about time I got out of the golden triangle more, I am thinking about getting an hotel near to Soi Cowboy, thus giving me no excuse for not becoming more acquainted with the area.

I've got a few days in Bangkok next month and wonder if you guys can recommend anywhere or even tell me where not to stay !

Price wise, I'm open somewhat. If good enough, I'll pay but I like value for money.

I can recommend the Thaipan Hotel on Suk. Soi 23 ... easy

walking distance to Cowboy ... good service, food, etc. &

not too expensive. ... think I paid 1300 Bt/night?

However, even though I never brought a gal in, the staff

imformed me that there was a 600 Bt. 'guest fee.'

Also, check Grand President ... Soi 11 ... set back somewhat

from Sukhumvit ... still an excellent choice.

On the other side of Sukhumvit, there are several decent

hotels on/around Soi 22. ... different 'scene' though.

Closer to Nana & Soi 4 ... Majestic Suites ... tough to beat!

Also, the Dynasty on Soi 4 is decent.

I stay at the Honey Hotel at least a few days and sometimes for ten days every time I'm in BKK. On Soi 19 about 150 meters from Suk, 7 minute walk to soi cowboy if you go the back way.

If your looking for luxury this is not the place. The TV has only seven channels but includes HBO and Cinemax. They have been doing some small upgrades, all the rooms have good quality king or queen size mattresses (this is the biggie for me, I hate cheap mattresses), nice bathrooms, a decent small pool, a coffee shop open till 1am free american breakfast, safes are at the front desk.

Smile at the staff and they become very friendly, one of the door guys is a practical joker and there is a short little maid about 45 yrs old wears expensive gold so if you see her cleaning your room tip her 100baht to keep her in style.

You don't have to go past the front desk to get to your room, so no ID checks unless you decide to walk your girl to the desk. And this is a sanuk hotel so no questions or strange looks from the staff, tho one of the girls at the front desk was laughing at me this last time she would not say why.

Ask for the room with a frig, 900 baht all inclusive, no worries about negotiating 'cos the price is the same for everyone. Its a good value for the baht. Oh, and there is a small massage place with all the extras next store that I never visited but others told me it was worth it. phone 02 253 0646

Friend of mine recently stayed at Premiere Inn on Soi 20. Easy walk to SC, guest friendly, rooms at 800 baht w/free breakfast. They also have larger rooms available at 1200 baht.

Did take a look inside one and it seemed reasonably well appointed. But my friend warned me to ask for a room with a window, otherwise they throw you in a dungeon that gets no light in the morning. Apparently one side has windows and the other doesn't.

The Taipan has a reputation for being very inconsistent regarding "guests" Some have reported no problem at all, while others, some of whom even had booked a double room, had major hassels. Best avoided for "Sanuk"

David

asiahand said:

Jasmine suites on corner of sukkumvit and soi23. Can't beat the location to soi cowboy but will run you around $80 - $120 PER NIGHT.

I cut and pasted this from the website i use. I don't know ifit will work.

http://lm.accomline.com/Hotel.asp?HotelID=15339&inDate=2004-5-29&outDate=2004-5-31

Nearly stayed in Jasmine last year but then they raised their prices and then a guy had his safe robbed there.

Archived