G@d Damn ESPN!!!

RayRay

So yesterday I go to the Office Bar on Soi 33 to catch the tape delayed broadcast of the Stanley Cup Finals Game #6. I had purposely avoided any and all sports web sites, sports section of any newspapers etc. so as to not know the outcome of the game.

Right before the game starts ESPN is showing their "Plays of the Week". They show a highlight from the game I was about to watch. Fortunately I had the sense to turn my head before seeing the highlight. I'm thinking to myself that this is not starting off good.

The game finally starts and I have just received my first beer. 13 minutes left to go in the 1st period and I'm almost done with said beer. The game cuts away to commercial and I finish off the beer. When the game comes back they are starting the 2nd period. Huh??? What the f#ck happened to the other 13 minutes in the first period?

Oh well, didn't miss anything because the score is still 0-0. Get another beer just as Tampa Bay scores a goal. Sh!t, did I mention that I hate Brad Richards??? Calgary ties it up and all is good with the world. I am feeling the karma, baby. Again, 10 minutes left to go in the period I am about done with this beer. Richards scores again for Tampa Bay (damn him to hell, if anyone deserves to die it is he!!!). Cut to commercial, time to take a leak and get more beer. Come back the game is back on and it's 2-2 start of the 3rd period.

Huh??? WTF??? Bad enough they cut out about 25 minutes of the first two periods, but they cut out a G@d Damn goal :: RayRay is NOT happy.

Fortunately they didn't cut out too much more of the game, but it still doesn't change the fact that ESPN over here sucks a$$.

I will excuse Kh. Bob for the technical problems with the big screen TV. Seems the lamp needed replacing so the damn screen went pitch black several times in the third period.

Another observation... if I'm in a bar in Thailand filled with good looking hoochie mommas, I do not want to be exposed to some 200+ lb, pasty white falang chick in spandex. People, please have the decency to tell your women to stay home if they can't dress themselves appropriately.

Overall I wouldn't want to have to live back in North America; but I do miss good sports coverage. To hell with this soccer, pool and auto racing crap.

I'm bent,

RayRay

P.S. Martin St. Louis, I swear to God if I ever see you in person I will personally issue a beat down on you so severe even your own mother won't recognize you!!!

P.P.S. [color:"red"]GO[/color] FLAMES [color:"red"]GO!!!!! [/color]

I've noticed they sometimes nip a little out of NBA games and take huge amounts out of the super bowl. They cut out various kick offs and even entire series!!! And the only benefit it seems to them is instead of having 40 repeated adverts for the EPL, they can fit in 80 of them. They also mess with the end of the games, making commercial breaks longer than they were in real time. Replay TV would be so nice.

Ray^2

I know what you mean.

If the USA would have the decency to play their sports at the proper time over here then we wouldn't have to put up with all of soccer, pool and auto racing crap - even if that is what the majority of people in this area prefer to watch.

Wait for the summer olympics - see what coverage we get here. I won't even mention the Euro2004 games - it may well end up the same as the Worldcup 2002 with no English commentary.

Cheers!

RayRay said:

So yesterday I go to the Office Bar on Soi 33 to catch the tape delayed broadcast of the Stanley Cup Finals Game #6. I had purposely avoided any and all sports web sites, sports section of any newspapers etc. so as to not know the outcome of the game.

Overall I wouldn't want to have to live back in North America; but I do miss good sports coverage. To hell with this soccer, pool and auto racing crap.

I'm bent,

RayRay

P.P.S. [color:"red"]GO[/color] FLAMES [color:"red"]GO!!!!! [/color]

North American hockey in LOS?? Once was in London watching hockey in the "Maple Leaf Pub." They also served Moslon Canadian,draft. Almost puked it up after drinking British Beer for 4 weeks. Any home brew at the Office bar eh, Rayray??

Shit.

Shit-Spattered Dog said:
RayRay said:

Any home brew at the Office bar eh, Rayray??

No Canadian beer there which is a shame. Perhaps that's what I will blame last night's disaster on. If Kh. Bob served Molson then there is no doubt Lord Stanley's cup would be residing in Calgary at this very moment.

Still bent,

RayRay

just trying to get the number for the game. Would love to see it. Years ago ESPN showed the playoffs only but the ESPN asia had problems with ESPN american so we lost sports center and the hockey.

Go Flames. Just too bad the entire Bolts team is from quebec.

Just called the office bar ( 026621936) said game at 6 or 7 am live. I will be there.

Archived