President Solitaire Report

BrownFox77

tomc12 said:

I stayed there on my last trip and didn't encounter any problems. In fact, the reason I went there was because of similar problems at the JW Marriott. In the future, I will book the President Solitaire in preference over the Marriott.

If I overlook the 1st night hassles I had, the Solitaire really was the best hotel I've stayed in so far in LOS. Wish I tried em out earlier but I was put off by my false notion of how far away from Suk they were - to me its really not that much different than staying at the Grand President as far as location goes.

>I specifically arranged my trip around China Air's special flight that arrives at 1600 - to me giving me an extra day in LOS almost.

.........however, upon arrival I was promptly reminded of one of the things I didn't like about them: my room wasn't ready.

..............room won't be ready for 2 1/2 HOURS!

Guys, do you remember all the adds for hotels that state one nice extra : "late check out - 6pm"?

This is the situation when somebody had to bite the other end of the perk: a sanuker was in the room when the OP arrived and after he was supposed to leave, 30 mins to clean it.

Hi BrownFox77,

<<<<The odd thing is while they didn't handle my 1st night well at all, the rest of the stay was outstanding, even often asking me for feedback as to how they can be better, etc.>>>>

That's encouraging. Maybe just an off-experience. Can happen in the best of places, occasionally.

HT

Sitting at home, everything is planned out: hotel reservations,seat preferences,transportation etc...

But whenever I travel, sometimes with the crowds at airports and hotel check-in counters getting hectic, its sometimes easy to get railroaded into a decision that I may regret later, being tired or not wanting to make a big deal out of nothing.

I learned early on to not make snap decisions or agree to most anything that an airline or hotel proposes to me to accommodate them. If they have a problem that is their fault or within their control to make right, I tell them its their problem, not my problem ::

Archived