US Visa for Older (40) Thai Lady???

Pianoman

I have met and become very good friends with a nice Thai lady who use to manage one of the clubs on Soi 33... She is not your typical "BG", but has been in the business.. Would it still be dificult to bring her to the U.S. for a two week visit/trip??? She now owns a Taxi and gets her living from renting it out...

Pianoman

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I checked on the INS website and it doesn't look good, here is the approprate section of law.

Sec. 212. [8 U.S.C. 1182]

(a) Classes of Aliens Ineligible for Visas or Admission.-Except as otherwise provided in this Act, aliens who are inadmissible under the following paragraphs are ineligible to receive visas and ineligible to be admitted to the United States:

(2) Criminal and related grounds.-

(D) Prostitution and commercialized vice.-Any alien who-

(i) is coming to the United States solely, principally, or incidentally to engage in prostitution, or has engaged in prostitution within 10 years of the date of application for a visa, admission, or adjustment of status,

(ii) directly or indirectly procures or attempts to procure, or (within 10 years of the date of application for a visa, admission, or adjustment of status) procured or attempted to procure or to import, prostitutes or persons for the purpose of prostitution, or receives or (within such 10- year period) received, in whole or in part, the proceeds of prostitution.

The INS has nothing to do with visitor's visa to the US. They are issued by the State Dept in Bangkok. The INS only deals with matters concerning immigration. She would have to prove she has a compelling reason to return to Thailand. Factors include, type of job she has, amount of old money she has in the bank, amount of property she owns,as in land, house, etc. This is not an easy thing to do. Probably less than 25% of visitor's visas are approved. If she cannot convince the consular officer she WILL return, the visa will be denied. It seems you have an uphill battle with one, I wish you luck.

You know, it's interesting that Thai women have a difficult time coming to this country because the might be prostitutes, and we can't have that, can we? But, any rag-head terrorist with an axe to grind can waltz in here on a student visa, no problem. Somebody's priorities are seriously f***ed up. When's the last time a Thai hooker hijacked an airplane or bombed a building?

PhordPhan

mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

Well observed Phord Plan, we in the west will happily provide assistance and legal aid for any Mohammid, Hussain and Naseer that presents himself. When it comes to applying for a tourist visa, to allow a 26 year old Thai lady who wouldn't hurt a fly to enjoy a 2 week holiday. NO CHANCE

I wonder what it is they as so worried about, whats so worrying about thai ladies coming in to the country?

Whilst I condem the attrocities that have occured in German and Dutch cities at the hands of ineffect "slave traders" who supplied Thai women, now Kymer and Laos ladies.

The criminals who kept those living hells, were in effect allowed to due to the incredibly liberal justice system that prevailed in those countirs. "Incidentally undercover operations are illeagal in Germany".

Stopping exploitation is paramount, but Germany and Holland aside , I believe the frame work is already inplace to prevent expoitation.

Speaking from personal experience having lived in the UK, Spain and the US houses of ill repute are well run and conditions good for the girls.

In London my home city a good brothel cost at least " £130" for a good experience with a girl whose prepared to fellate without a condo.

Granted there are places that offer services for less, but 99 times out of 100 you'll be rushed out of the door after 10 minutes.

In summary whilst a yardie straight from Tivola Gardens Kingston Jamaica, or red mafia Ivonovich are waved through customs, your Thai girl friend is pounced on.

Considering most world leaders are men you would think they would welcome an inlux of warm, uninhibited women, after all what are they used to, chubby women who provide sex "after marriage" on a reward based system.

]

crazy.gif" border="0

To HSTEACH,

I appriciate your view point but this time you are completely wrong. Yes the INS does not issue visas the State Department does, but the state Department is not going to issue a visa to someone that is excludable due to their association with prostitution. Further just because a visa is issued that does not mean the person will be admitted into the United States if she is found to be excludable at the port of entry by the INS. Yes, her American friend and her can lie to the State Department about her past, as I'm sure you did in order to get your wife in the United States, but what will the end result be, as I see it, the erosion of the ethical standers of two people, fraud against the US Government let alone all Americans, and another prostitute in the US. In my opinion, backed by federal law, she should not be allowed into the US.

As far as allowing student/terrorists into the country, thats not good either.

And as far as foreign prostitutes working in the US and other countries, well first its indentured (sp?) survitude (sp?) which is a bad thing in itself, and second the mere fact that there are so many thai prostitutes all over Europe and the US makes it all the more difficult for for regular thai women to travel overseas. I have passed through Hong Kong about 9 times in the past 8 years and the immigration there never so much as spoke to me, but when I traveled there with my wife, who is from thailand, out came the tickets the hotel reservations the whole nine yards, and why? because all the thai prostitutes that they have to deal with.

That's just my opinion.

Again, the B2 visa, the visitor's visa is issued by the consular section of the US Embassy in Bangkok. The application for this type of nonimmigrant visa contain questions which could bring an denial for that application. That's an accepted fact. In addition, the facts of why that applicant WILL NOT become an immigrant are presented. Those are the family ties, employment, and financial matters. After reviewing the application and the evidence as to why the applicant will not become an immigrant with intentions of staying permnently in the US, the consular officer determines whether the app is approved or denied. In certain immigration categories, the INS must approve the petition of the US citizen or green card holder BEFORE the intended immigrant can even apply for the visa. That's the case of the K-1, K-3,or I-130s. As far as my former wife lying to get the visa, she was never asked the question at the interview or at the point of entry when she arrived. If you're concerned about "prostitutes" arriving in the US as K-1s, I suggest you research the subject and find out how many K-1s were denied in Bangkok in the last couple of years. I have yet to hear of any Thai lady coming to the US on a K-1 and then working as a hooker. No American man would bring a woman to the states to marry and then put her on the street as a "lady of the evening." As far as challenging my ethical standards, you need to go bark up another tree. They are not for challenge.

quote:

Originally posted by PhordPhan:

You know, it's interesting that Thai women have a difficult time coming to this country because the might be prostitutes, and we can't have that, can we? But, any rag-head terrorist with an axe to grind can waltz in here on a student visa, no problem. Somebody's priorities are seriously f***ed up. When's the last time a Thai hooker hijacked an airplane or bombed a building?

PhordPhan

mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

Right on. I posted something similar myself recently (topic "Minor rant: American visas"):

Like just about everyone else I have been following the news in the aftermath of the WTC.

Interesting that terrorists and their accomplices apparently have been able to enter the US on legal visas as "tourists" and "doctors" and "students" while we as Americans have a fucker of a time getting in our friends/girlfriends/whatever for a 2 week visit.

I mean, how many Thais ever joined a terrorist cel in the US?

As Kelly Bundy once said, "something's rotten in the state of Denver."

Archived