Teaching English- University Degrees...

Savittre

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering: for working at schools (whatever kind they may be) in Bangkok, are University degrees 'authenticated' by the relevant government Ministry (Ministry of Education or whatever) or are they checked up on by the school itself, or is there any kind of standard process at all? smile.gif" border="0 Basically, what's the deal? TIA!! laugh.gif" border="0

• 2 weeks later...

From my understanding the goverment is requiring all new teachers to have a degree, weather they are thai or farang.

The degrees are not authenicated by the Ministry of education or labour dept. But the better schools will check up on them. Of the schools I worked at the international school did not check anything.. The thai school made write away and get a translated versian of my degree which is written in latin, Plus they wanted transcripts with a university seal on them.

Most ESl schools would not care as long as you can say hi and have a white face

The reality of the situation is that schools do not check up on degrees. A skilled interviewer who believes that the degree may not be genuine would be able to trick the applicant into revealing this within 2 minutes of sharp questions...

However, to get a work permit YOU DO NOT NEED A DEGREE! This is 100% certain. To get a teacher's licence, you are supposed to have a degree but the way the law is enforced, it varies from applicant to aplicant, school to school.

Stick

Archived