Thai gov't pulls out of Liverpool soccer club deal

think_too_mut

Thai gov't pulls out of Liverpool soccer club deal

Friday, June 18, 2004 at 05:10 JST

BANGKOK ? The Thai government has pulled out of its bid to buy a 30% stake in the English soccer club Liverpool while letting Thailand's biggest music firm take over the deal, one of the government's chief negotiators said Thursday.

Deputy Commerce Minister Pongsak Raktapongpaisarn told Kyodo News that a private consortium led by the music giant GMM Grammy "will take over the deal and lead the negotiation. (Kyodo News)

Thailand can develop football stars if they bridge the gap between city/countryside. Most kids in cities are too lazy to play the game well. And the stupid ones in charge in Thai football only look at cities...Go out to the countryside, you have many capable of making it.

My stepson came here from Isaan at the age of 11 - his skills were far superior to Norwegian kids. He had it - could run lightening fast, treat the ball as well. Thats how he got adapted to Norway, through football.

He was playing on a team here before could speak a word in Norwegian!

Cheers!

'This will fuel the 'Gerrard for sale' rumours'

he has not been put up for sale officially,but it is well known that he has put in a transfer request and fancies Chelsea.

he is not impressed with the choice of new Manager and would/could Liverpool turn down a rumoured 30 Million fee?.

all the UK Papers will be full of the story on Sunday.

Yes, L'pool can turn it down and will. Thats my guess.

If Gerrard wants to leave, he has sulk himself away for a longer time than now. Can he carry that weight? I doubt it.

And L'pool has enough strength that they do not need Chelsea's money. My guess - Gerrard is staying. It would hurt L'pool more in the long run to accept Chelsea's money.

Cheers!

i think that Liverpool do need that sort of money.

they have been so desparate for the cash that Khun Thaksin offered and now that has fallen through,what happens with them next?.

Benetiz will have been offered funds to strenghen the Team and at the moment nothing coming in.

no Players are leaving and while he wants Gerrard to stay,he will have no choice in the matter.

if Gerrard wants to leave,then he will.

he sees a lack of ambition at Liverpool and wants the chance to win things.

at this moment in time i think Chelsea are much more likely to win Trophies.

but we shall see what happens after the Euro Championships.

Transfer business is quiet at the moment and i think there will be a flurry of signings before the new Season starts.

Archived