a car for 6 month rent or buy?

mati

I don't have much experience with doing this kind of thing but I would imagine that selling a car can take time and you may lose a lot of cash in the sale.

I know someone who wants to rent out a brand new Honda City for 14,000 a month though.

PM me if you're interested.

It would be cheaper to buy a vehicle in the 250-350K price range and resell it than rent a vehicle though it seems like a pain in the butt if you're only a tourist. Better yet, use the available public transportation and rent a vehicle occasionally unless you really need to have your own transportation.

I believe that you can only buy and register a car if you are on some kind of long term visa (but might be wrong), therefore your only option would be to rent the car which frankly is a whole lot easier and much less hassle. It is not easy to sell cars here at realistic prices despite the general view that it is.

Cheers

mati said:

I want to stay in Thailand for 6 month. For this period of time is it better to rent a car or to buy one and sell it after 6 month? Any experience in this business?

If you really need a car every day (or want to have it handy), my advice would be - rent it.

14-18K per month, A+ insurance.

QCars specializes in that. Find them on the web. Soi 40, a Welsh guy is the owner. Renting from him whenever I need a car.

Archived