Trip report March 2004

First trip back to LOS since October 2003 and I was really looking forward to seeing J, my gtg gf again. We had spent hours chatting with each other on MSN Messenger since October and God alone knows how much on phone calls both ways!

I have known J since March 2003 and as with gtg's it took time to cultivate her but having said that we got on wonderfully right from the beginning. She is 30, divorced witha 6 year old son and is manager of a company based in BKK.

When I made my trip plan I asked her if we could get out of BKK at the weekends so she and I flew up to Chiang Mai for a wonderful weekend doing all the tourist stuff, we hired the taxi driver who took us from the airport to the Sheraton for the weekend, I can't remember what the cost was but J negotiated it and it was an incredibly good deal. We did the elephant rides, rafting down the river, the visit to Wat Doi Suthep was awesome, eating the most amazing fresh sea food just off the Chiang Mai night market - a table full of the stuff and all for 600 baht! We even had a traditional massage together lying side by side, the massage girls constantly quizzing her about having a falang boy friend, it was a fun thing to do together.

The following weekend we took her son to Koh Samed, this it has to be said was a bit hit and miss, not the fact that we took her son, we had a great time with him, but from the point of view that J organised it, or didn't! We got to the ferry terminal and tried to find a decent bungalow on the island but no luck, we eventually got the last one on the whole island and this after a 4 hours bus trip! Anyway it was only for 1 night and it was not that bad, almost! It was the first time I had been to the beach in LOS and as soon as we got there J's son and I hit the water like a couple of kids. I couldn't believe how hot the water was!

Dinner on the beach was another seafood festival (as you would expect on an island!) J organised it all and we seemed to have food and drinks coming at us from all directions, she even got a discount from the restaurant! It was a great night and when her son got tired she took him off to bed while I had another beer.

Back in BKK, she took me on a sight seeing tour that allowed me to see her city (she comes from just outside BKK) and we spent a lot of time in bars and restaurants where I was the only falang and it was good to see the Thai's letting their hair down, rather than a bunch of drunk falangs. I was amazed at the number of restaurants with 2, 3 or 4 live bands per night and have to say that the German Beer bar is one of my favourite ones, their brewed on the premises Weisse Beer is very good, as is the food and entertainment.

All too soon it was time for the TG flight back to London, all 3 of us said out good byes at the airport and I walked away through immigration, in doing so the Post LOS Blues set in immediately.

I sat on the plane thinking about the time I had spent with J and her son, about all the things we did, the laughter and the fun. I thought about all the little things that she did for me that seemed to bring her enormous pleasure - and began to plan my next trip!

I have traded in my air miles and I'm BKK bound on August 5th for 10 days and I can't wait to get back there, J will be at the airport to meet me when TG 911 lands at 06.05 hrs with a the smile that literally rocks my world and it will be brilliant!

Hi Thaipan,

Nice story.

Its good to hear "other" trip reports occaisionally too! Its great getting into the non-farang venues for a few nights out. Thailand doesn't start and end in Suk Soi 4!

Hope it works out for you and J.

Fly P.

agree with FlyP.

it's always good to let the Girl to take you away from the tourist areas.

i can relate to your time with her Son as i spent time with my Girl her Son in their Village.

it didn't come any better for me at the time.

i hope your next trip continues to be a a good time for you.

Yes, as much as I enjoy my short forays in the p4p nitelife area, it is only a small part of what attracts me here.

Getting out into the country, with a local and meeting real people, living in villages, seeing daily life gives a totally different experience.

Good luck to you, and I hope that not only your next trip works out, but that you amy achieve your long term goal of finding a different life here.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the good words guys. I'm off to LOS again on 5th August and can't wait to see J waiting at the Krung Thai Bank in Don Muang for me at 06.10 hrs on the 6th!!!

While I did enjoy all my trips based on P4P - I had a whole lot of fun and laughs with the girls - I can't recommend finding a GTG enough. There are lots of them out there (office workers, shop girls etc etc) that would love to meet a "nice" farang.

Roll on the 5th of August! ::

Archived