BG Imitating Concert Performers

RayRay

I know the BGs are just trying to have a little fun. But I have noticed that there is at least one in every bar that insists on grabbing a plastic drinking straw and putting one end behind her ear and the other end near her mouth like a Britney Spears concert microphone. What's the point? The first time I saw some BG doing this I thought it was quaint, kind of cute, but nothing more. After about the 100th time of seeing it, it just looks stupid.

Hi RayRay,

INSTANT ANSWER:

I reckon its probably out of sheer boredom. If I had to work in a gogo almost every night of my life I'd be trying ANYTHING to liven things up a bit - especially in low season.

POSSIBLE DEEPER-MEANING ANSWER:

Might be some sort of psychological way of "living out a fantasy" and "getting them out of the bar" for a few minutes. Living out the fantasy of something/someone they will never ever be. i.e. Escapism. Just a thought.

AS A "SALES" TECHNIQUE:

Well, you said yourself at first you thought is was "quaint, kind of cute". I'm sure we've all BF'd a girl because of something "different" she's done whilst in the bar. Isn't is called a "point of difference" in sales/marketing circles?

In the end...Who knows why bar girls do what they do? Sometimes I don't even think they know themselves.

Fly P.

I reckon it'll die out. You hardly ever see the finger point at midriff then up to chin as soon as you look down trick anymore, do you?

Really? That old chestnut? Gone?!

Nightlife in BKK just won't be same same anymore.

:p

You reckon they'd come up with some new tricks to keep the patrons amused, wouldn't you?

Funny how they all know they same 'tricks' though - whichever bar you go to.

Guess they all get the standard issue "Bar Girls Book of Keeping Punters Entertained" when they sign up. Time for a re-write! :doah:

Archived