Firts time in Bangkok: Hotel questions

Boss Tower? Hmmm. don't think I looked at that one.

Anyone have a link?

Thanks,

ChaGrin

p.s. I just realized I misspelled "First" in the subject line. Feel like a dork now.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found the site http://www.bosstower.com. Nice prices! the rooms seem ok. Not as good as the pictures on the GP RP sites, but if those are run down looking, boss towers may be a good choice.

I don't know Bangkok, how is Boss Tower location wise? Close to the nightlife? subway/skytrain?

Thanks for all your help

ChaGrin

Boss Tower are about 500m from Khlongtoey Lotus/Tesco shopping malls on Rama IV. That's one (if not the biggest) advantage they have.

Several reports on the board said the place was good (once you are inside) but lower floors seem to receive the noise from the very busy Rama IV Road.

Not a walking distance to Phrakhanong sky train station. You will need a moto taxi or almost any of dozens of busses will take you to Sukhumvit (Phrakanong).

Definitelly not in the NL area. Ironically, many bgs live around there.

Edit: just clicked on the link in the previous post. If you look at the picture, can you see the skyscrapers in the distance? That's where the nightlife is. However, it's not as far as it may seem. Maybe 5-6km to Soi Cowboy, about that.

The trouble could be - there is no 1 mean of transportation to the NL area (moto taxi/bus then sky train) unless you take a taxi. Should be less than 100B.

IMO, a bit too far from the action and inconvenient location for a first timer with sanuk highly on the agenda.

TTM,

I thinks your mixing up both Boss Tower and Boss Mansion. Both are on Rama 4 Road but about 3 kms between them.

Boss Tower is located as you say about 500 meters from Carrefour and Lotus Tesco, right at the junction of Sukhumvit Soi 26 and Rama 4. The closest Skytrain station is Phrom Phong. Boss Mansion is located around the junction of Sukhumvit Soi 42 and Rama 4. The closest Skytrain are both Ekkamai and Phrakanong - both about 1 km away.

I do agree however with your remark about being a bit far from the action for a first timer to Bangkok.

Cheers!

>I thinks your mixing up both Boss Tower and Boss Mansion. Both are on Rama 4 Road but about 3 kms between them.

I did not mix them, just assumed that flow of traffic (buses) goes towards Phrakhanong although Phrom Pong (Emporium) station is physically nearer. (Did not realize there were 3km between Tower and Mansion).

Whatever, still think no matter what the place is inside it's location makes it inconvenient for daily sanuking routine.

In fact, I was considering when looking for a place away from nightlife. The only reason I did not take it was that the sky train was not within walking distance.

And also with the limited budget, money could be saved by spending some of the time outside of BKK. Definitely should take the (less than 100 baht) airconditioned bus from Ekamai Station to Pattaya and spend some time there as well.

I lived at Boss tower for a while. Yes, it is a bit further from skytrain, but so much cheaper than some of the hotels like the GP. The difference more than compensates for the cost of taxis. During daytime and early evening, you can get a motocy from corner of a nearby soi to one of the skytrain stations. At night, a cab maybe 50-60 Bt from SC back home. If you get a higher level appt, (i was I think on 23rd floor), you get a nice view, and high enough above the noise.

They used to provide for short term stays as well, so you can always try it out for a night to see how you like it.

Being away from the obvious hotels used by the majority of 'sex tourists' also has some advantage.

The appts are simply furnished, and you can choose the level of service.

OK Thanks, I was expecting it not to be close to anything fun since i didn't see boss towers as a popular hotel on the boards.

just one last question:

I leave in 4 days and I was going to check out each of the hotels in person and see if I can haggle a better price from the hotel I choose, instead of booking ahead of time...is this a good idea? (i.e feasible). If so, should I mention this board, the name of my Corp., anything else that would give me a advantage during negotiations?

Thanks,

ChaGrin

Archived