Serviced App..but not GP

KhunJack

Does anybody have a suggestion for a Serviced App ... after years at the GP - I would be rather happy leaving lower Sukhumvit.

Ideally would be one which could be reached via the subway (Ratchapisek ?), 'cause school is in Suk Soi 19.

Highly appreciate your information.

Jack

samak said:

there are several close to suk soi 19:

royal president (suk soi 15)

jasmine (suk soi 23)

centre point (suk soi 10)

somerset lake point (new rachada)

rembrandt and ambassador have also service apartments

Last time I stayed in BKK apartments/hotels was 3yrs ago and hardly anyone had high speed Internet. Things may have changed in that regard.

Royal President. Stayed there, large rooms, no reception in that wing and was happy but some reports on the board said the oposite. No balconies. Darkish inside, IMO, ok for sanuk oriented stay but not for normal living or longer stay.

Jasmine: heard many good stories until somebody complained about water pressure at higher floors.

Centre Point: If I needed an apartment again, I would have tried this one. On the web it looks good and large.

http://www.centrepoint.com/eng/location/26_room_types.html

Somerset Lake Point: ok with me but for many it is not walking distance from Sukhumvit. And it is on the other side of the Suk, towards Rama IV, not towards Ratchada.

Rembrandt: stayed in their apartment but they are rather small and I think have no balconies (mine did not). OK for 2-5 days stay but longer than that their size will start showing.

All power plugs were European type. Given a choice I would not stay there.

Just stayed in 60 square metre apartment at Rembrandt towers 2300 baht + 7% tax and it was excellent. Very big and very clean, friendly staff and no hassles what so ever. It was very similar to the Centre Point on Soi 10 that I looked at a couple of years ago.

I also looked at the Jasmine on Soi 23 and it looked wonderful, everything inside very modern and clean. Looks wise it is probably the best I have seen in BKK. It is more expensive but if you are in the higher end hotel range (Sheraton Grand etc) this looks like a good deal. I can't say anything about water pressure since I have not stayed.

thanks for the reply ..even no real concrete hint popped up (thanks SkiBum .. will check the link you posted)... 2300 for Rembrandt ..wooww..I can't say here what I negotiated out of the GP for the biggest suite,Tower 2, view!!! DSL.. .... sounds like peanuts .. anyway .. I don't understand the excitment for the Jasmine ... for that price ... ok the bathroom is somehow with that window special...but honestly bad design, watch TV in the main room ...and in the bedroom - an even smaller TV ...etc... Pool - sun for 12 minutes?, Gym ... agree - better as the Nana Hotel ;)

Anyway ... if somebody nows something ... maybe reachable with the subway, BTS, .. a little nice secret peaceful ? spot .. pls. PM ..thanks a lot .. going back in the next few weeks ;)

Yeah I also stayed at Rembrandt Towers for a few days last week and share your positivism... However, staying at 32nd floor, they also had some problem with the water pressure and said "there's nothing they can do" about it. Overal a very nice experience and will go back in august. :beer:

Archived