Fly With NWA to Asia with Cash & Miles

zzzz

NWA has the Fly to Asia with Cash & Miles again for travel after July 13 and returm by October 31. Price is as low as $325 + 20000 miles + fees from the west coast usa to BKK. I just booked one from the east coast for $450 (including fees) + 20000 miles.

My best guesstimate is that it would cost about $850 minimum, but with that I get 20,000 FF miles, which is enough for 1/3 of a trip; therefore, the effective cost is about $640. Since I paid $450 + 20,000 FF miles for a trip that has an effective cost of $640, I saved $190 for using 20,000 FF miles--not that good a deal for a frequent flyer. I can get a slighly better deal with the $850 ticket, assuming after 3 trips, there would be enough FF miles accumulated for a free trip that I will take. So why did I take advantage of this Cash $ Miles? Low initial cost--$450 vs. $850 and I'm trying to get rid of my 37,000 FF miles. Does this make sense?

thanks

I read the rules and the flight does not get any FF miles,

so it costs you 20,000 to get that price , plus 20,000 that you do not get with a regular airfare.

40,000 total if you were going to take the flight anyway.

But like you said it not much up front $$$$ so maybe its worth it......1

Somehow I heard that NWA initially came out with a misprint and that the Airbus was going to be used somewhere in China not Thailand. I would imagine that would be a stupid move as Bangkok is routinely sold out if not a misprint.

Oneye

• 2 weeks later...

Archived