another Pub for you Brits

samak

Robin Hood at corner Suk Soi 33/1 (there was a japanese Restaurant before)

usual format with a small live band on weekends (?) only

imported beer is cheaper than elsewhere; 160 for a pint of Guiness, 180 for Kilkenny; cocktails at 125 and 145

will not touch the food!

stingy happy hour though - dont touch the food because of quality or cost or both?

Just from a quick glance at the menu it looks like they want the londoner crowd and have priced accordingly ie far too much. :: A better value place would go down a bomb there.

whosyourdaddy said:

Heard the food is typically british with no taste

Hi wyd,

After a few tries I now find the food is good. I tried the Sunday roast a while back and it was one of the best I have had. Avoid the chicken pie - unless they have changed it - and the snack "chicken nuggets" or whatever they call them are awful.

All in all, this is a nice place and a welcome addition to my (these days) restricted stamping ground in that area. Now a choice of three venues - Londoner, Bulls Head and here - all with their distinctive style. RH lacks character a bit, but maybe that will grow with time. The prices are cheaper than Londoner.

Khwai

• 2 weeks later...

khwaimaisabai - you forgot Dubliners; just cross the road! then there is o'really at lower suk. on Thonglor is Whitches Tavern (a bit less british though); in silom area Barbician, another o'really and the ex delaney - shennanigan, which belongs now in the same chain as dubliners etc. etc.

Archived