Will Armstrong win the Tour 2004

limbo

Limbo,

That's a very difficult question, Mr. Samui :)

I haven't followed a thing since the last Tour. No idea who's in form, injured, who's won, lost etc. I did hear Armstrong though saying he'd be considering Ullrich as him main competitor coming Tour. Ullrich did win something (?) in Switzerland and seems to be getting in his old form, but I think that the motivation for Armstrong (apart from his class) of becoming THE cycling legend is just too great.

He can write history in France and I believe this man has the right motivation, discipline and power to do this.

Yes, it'll be Lance Armstrong followed by Jan Ullrich ;)

Zaad,

Also replied with a yes.

Why ? just to see the fights of all against him and see how his team will get along with that.

Its not only in the legs, a lot is in the head and playing tactics as well, and for that he has the best teamleaders :p

Why did Limbo voted yes ?

It starts in a few hours, first 4 days are in Belgium, it will be hourssssssssss of TV :p

BB

Why am i scolded if i don't put "other" in my polls, and no one else does? :D :D :D :D :D

I hope he loses, and Hamilton wins. I just don't like this "star system" he built around him, and how he keeps out of what really makes the tour de France special, the contact with the public and the press. I saw Hinault in 1985. You could talk to the guy.

I understand being safe from loonies, but Armstrong does not strike me as a friendly guy. More like a machine, with one goal in mind. Give me Anquetil, Poulidor anytime. Even Merckx belonged to the sport all year long, did it like a job, not a Graal.

PS: has FlyP voted? His answer is the correct one! :)

Archived