what does thai national need to go cambodia?

I intend to visit Angkor Wat at my next visa run and take the gf with me.

Question is her identity card ok or does she need to get a passport?

If she needs a passport where to go to get one? We live in Chumpon, but her home adress on identity card is still her parents place in Udon province (yep, an other Issaan lady...)

I hope she does not need to head home for a passport.... :onfire:

>Question is her identity card ok or does she need to get a passport?

Passport definitely needed, as well as visa that most conveniently is issued upon arrival for a fee in US dollars.

You are strongly recommended to bring your own passport photos for the visa, since Siem Reap airport did not have any facilities for on the spot photography in Jan 2004. (I assume you will go by air, since it is a long road to Siem Reap from Chumpon.)

Wagner

Within The European Union showing your identity card is all you need at airports. Most of the time you don't get stopped at borders at all...

I thought Asean countries had some similar rule.

At the Mae Sai Myanmar border crossing I saw asian people crossing without being stopped by the border police.

That means they were just going to the border toe\wn across. same in the U.S. Go to Tijauna, no need for a passport; to Mexico City, yes you need one. Since many ASEAN countries continue to look down on other ASEAN countries, no easy arrangements have been made.

[color:"red"] That means they were just going to the border toe\wn across. same in the U.S. Go to Tijauna, no need for a passport; to Mexico City, yes you need one. [/color]

Don't know about that. You don't need a passport to go to Cancun, Mazatlan. Americans don't need a passport to visit Canada and plenty of places in the Caribean.

I can't tell you the Asean rules, but I too was under the belief that travel to Cambodia was OK for a Thai with only an ID card if it wasn't to exceed a certain number of days.

I have no hard facts though, just as you had no hard facts to back up you international travel requires a passport jibe.

Archived