Describe Advantage of ...

An indefinite extension? Uh, invest, start a business, retire or marry a Thai because what you need is a "B" or "O". And even then the paperwork fun is just starting.

A tourist single v. double isn't going to matter; when your tourist visa expires, out you go. Home or over the border and back is up to you.

Bohicasia is right, you can't extend any sort of tourist visa indefinitely unless you just don't leave the country. EVER.

A double entry 6 month visa will get you 6 months in the country. A triple entry 6 month visa will get you 9 months.

A double entry 3 month visa will also get you 6 months in the country.

A single entry visa will only get you 3 months.[No matter what the validity of the visa]

If you have to go back to the states think about the single entry and then apply for another visa [double or multi entry] when you're back there.

Edited in [ ] to make it clearer????

[ November 15, 2001: Message edited by: themayorofpattaya ]

It all depends on the validity of the visa as I thought my post explained?

The form says that a 3 month visa will be issued but more often than not these days they give you a 6 month visa.

Maybe your confused with the 60 days bit? On entry you will only be granted a 60 day stay no matter what the validity of the visa.

The visa will be valid for at least 3 months from issue so if you get a double entry you can enter for 60 days, extend for 30 days but leave and re-enter before the visa expires to get another 60 days which can be extended for another 30 days.

With the right sort of timing you get 6 months less a few days.

So there is an advantage to getting a double entry provided the month you want to go back to the states doesn't take you past the expiry date of a 3 month validity visa.

If you apply specifically for the 6 month visa get a multi entry.

I think I'm confused now crazy.gif" border="0

Archived