Anyone see the new King Arthur movie yet?

Brink15

Guest lazyphil

For years I've fished at Aldreth Bridge (mentioned in link) and I knew that a big blood bath took place here only now am I trying to learn more about what happened. Hereward the Wake was very real. The King Arthur legend never inspired me too much.

Hi Brink,

Just saw it, and I reckon it was fan-fucking-tastic !

I havent had that much fun at the movies in a long, long time. The battle scenes are fantastic, and the use of simple devices ( like the drums of the oncoming Saxon horde ) to maintain tension is superb. The fight on the ice is one of the most splendidly-realised fight scenes I've seen in a long, long time - bravo scriptwriters, bravo cast and crew !

I know that there are host of LOTR fans out there - if you cant get enough of *intelligent* sword'n'savagery epics, you owe it to yourselves to see this movie. So refreshing to see a movie with no American content, although there is undeniable flag-waving nonetheless. Historians may quibble with the accuracy of the scriptwriter's tale, but I doubt that anyone with a Union Jack on their flag, be it in the corner or the centre, will fail to respond to Arthur's rhetoric : this is 'birth-of-a-nation' stuff indeed. Just as Churchill's defiant 'We shall defend our island' speech never fails to put a lump in my throat, Arthur's address to his men before the final, climactic battle is magnificent. If I seem a little carried away, its because I've sat through far too many disappointments this year : its such a relief to be transported to another world by a movie which has had almost no hype here in Oz.

Vale Artorious : Britain could certainly use a few more like you today.

Archived